Effects for Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin1011

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need some ideas for an effects processor that would work well with a Rectoverb. It has a parallel effects loop so I'm probably going to have to go with a rack type unit. I only need delays and reverbs and I'd like to stay in the <=$400 range. G-major comes to mind, and I think there's some delay/reverb units by Alesis. Waddaya think?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I'm very happy with my TC Electronics M-300! Great quality effects, and only $200 new!

Looks like the M-300 has been discontinued, I can't find it at any of the major online stores.

Dude,,, you should get the mod to switch form parallel to series for the effects loop, its cheap and easy, i still dont understand why mesa has only parallel effects loop?,, i had the rect0 head and traded it for the combo and had the mod done to it, i really dont know much about parallel effects but i dont see the good side to it, i'm sure i am wrong :?:

mrt said:
Dude,,, you should get the mod to switch form parallel to series for the effects loop, its cheap and easy, i still dont understand why mesa has only parallel effects loop?,, i had the rect0 head and traded it for the combo and had the mod done to it, i really dont know much about parallel effects but i dont see the good side to it, i'm sure i am wrong :?:

I've been thinking of doing that, but I wonder if it will be an improvment or not.

dont know what all effects are out there, but series mod is like night and day!!!! every amp i ever had,, had series loops,,, like i said i dont see the good side at all for the parallel FX,,,,, if you call mesa they tell you how to make the mod,, tony

I've owned the g-force & g-major from tc but I sold them both and continue to use a Rocktron Intellifex Online. It's the most user friendly, transparent, non-digital sounding processor that I've come across in a rack unit and sounds awesome with all of my Mesa gear. The tc electronic stuff is very powerful and has some awesome sounds, but to me, the rocktron was so much more natural sounding and easier to use. And they're only about two-hundred bucks on e-bay.

peace,
-d

yeah thats what i am using the rocktron,,and the lexicon is are both great,, but are you using your rocktron through parallel loops?????

you can pick up the rocktron for like 200 bucks off e-bay, i dont remember what they are new, and a midi foot pedal for like 100 bucks,, if you get the rocktron you should get the midi mate foot switch,,

I've heard a few of the Alesis things and they aren't too bad. A friend of mine in another band used 1 for a few years until he switched to pedals instead of rackmount.

Latest posts

Back