ED is here to stay!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffp

Reaction score
Well it`s a done deal. The ED will stay! This amp is awesome! Man i`m impressed! A true Classic Rocker! A Time Machine!jeffp

:wink: There is a second hand ED head for sale in my town and I want to buy it, but certainly don't have any need.

So far my favorite cab with the ED is the Road King 2x12. I had a Stiletto 4x12 with it for a while, but I felt the upper mids were on the harsher side and it had the tendency to get muddy. So, I traded it for the Recto cab and put in the C90 and V30 X combination. But that logic suits my sound, I hoax a VERY brutal tone out of my ED. I've actually had many other metal/hard rock guitarists who had never heard of the ED compliment my tone and say they wished their 5150's, Recto's etc. sounded as clear, articulate and powerful as my Dyne. Goes to show a heavy hand technique can go a long way.

I`ve got a Heritage 12G-65 coming that will go side by side with a V30 in my Rectifier cab. I want to try that. Next if i`ll try two 65`s.

If Cradlefish's cabinet was any indication the v30 + G12 - 65 should be plenty awesome!
I'm sure two of these should be awesome too, but man the Heritage speakers are EXPENSIVE! I have two G12m 20s in my thiele cab and I'm not using it. Truthfully, the oversized 2 x 12 with the c90 and v30 gets all the traffic and since I dialed back the bass and brought up the gain a bit, it sounds absolutely killer with my Les Paul!!

The Heritage speakers are expensive. I want to try the one +V30. I hope that`s the end of it. If it needs two i may swap cabs. Plan B is sell the recto cab and maybe try the roadster 2x12. I know i don`t want the two V30`s together in this cab anyway!

Considering the cost of a Celestion Heritage speaker, perhaps you should go demo the Roadking 2 x 12 before you sink any money into more gear? I hear you though, it takes some work to get it right. I REALLY like c90 + v30 with mesa amps.

I adjusted the pickup height on my Les Paul and then I fiddled with the settings on the amp some more. Trimming the bass down and running the volume (gain) at 2:00 with the gain trim switch set to normal is great. My Les Paul TEARS now. (obviously when I crank the amp, I turn the mids up, bass down, and I generally turn the gain lower. The high gain setting is generally for a more overdriven sound at ear friendly practice volumes)

Latest posts

Back