• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ebay mark IV 2007 custom with cab- SCAM ALERT !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stompboxfreak72

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230171145774&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

wish I had the cash for this rig..........i'd be happy with just a plain mark iv short head

Looks like this sale is a fraud.......

don't you think is a scammer..?
look at the url it takes you when you click on the link..
instead of bringing you to a normal ebay link, it takes you first to

http://karelcumps.be/fotos/temp/wsmotors/ws5/redirect.html?varianta=12

and then automatically to

http://signin.cgimotors.com.avtochange.com/normal/ebaynormal/mmotors/ViewItem.php?item=230171145774&price=1,500.00

is this normal?

This is a fishing scam. You can tell by the lack of the little lock on the bottom of the internet browser when you go to log in and of course the website has a different address.

The auction is missing information like the time table and the fonts are all screwy. Pretty good though if users didn't know any better they probably gave the guy a couple of user names already to bid on items and try to scam sellers.

Isn't our world lovely?

Greg

I've seen the "cgi" designation before with eBay, specifically with automotive related stuff. Maybe it's related to the server where the listing or photos are stored??

The seller looks solid...but of course that could be part of the scam.

You could always contact eBay. It's a nice rig at a good price.

*** UPDATE ***

I tried to ask the seller a question. I was already logged-in and it asked me to log in again!! VERY SUSPICIOUS! KEEP AWAY. You might want to close your browser also after viewing the listing. I will be reporting this to eBay

:D ok, it looked a bit suspicious.. ;)
actually, i logged in the new page to ask seller a question (now i have changed both my email password and ebay password to be safe), and he replied me without calling me with my name..

1) I asked him the shipping costs to italy, and this is his reply
"This amp is in great condition, no scrathes no dents, perfect condition i'm in Las Vegas/NV.
The final price would be $1600. including shipping and delivery taxes to your address. Shipping will be about $100 and will take about 3 days via Ups Next Day Air.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy,all you have to do is proceed with the buy it now options and follow the steps. After you will complete the payment steps , just contact me via e-mail . You will receive the item in 3-4 working days .

Thank you and hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Best wishes"

2) then i wanted to be sure of such a low shipping cost to italy (actually, shipping an half stack to italy should be at least 400 $... 100$ is impossible..!). this was his reply

"Hello there

Yes sir, the shipping cost to your address via UPS Next Day Air will cost $100 dollars to Italy. So if you want to go next with this transaction please click Buy It Now and follow the steps.

Thanks"

and then he told me the way of payment is only through money order...

Hmmm...

I am almost 100% sure that this was on EBAY just a few weeks ago and that it had sold for something like $2200.

zeeman

You're right, it was on ebay a few weeks ago.

Also, I clicked the link and managed to stop it from transferring to the other sites. The original ebay page shows the item as being in Florida, shipping is free, and the seller accepts PayPal. The seller seems reputable, but I'm betting they had their account password stolen and someone has that up with the person even knowing.

This is probably nothing to do with the person's account but more of ebay. If people are now compromising ebay in a big way then it their rep is going to go down the tubes really fast. Ebay needs to act on this now before other people start figuring out how to do this and con some people outta some serious cash.

You can see how many people on this board clicked it and questioned whether it was legit or not. We even had people log into their accounts through the site. This is even with the thought of it being fraudulant in the first place!!!

Greg

Wow......i just saw the item and thought it was cool so I posted it. I had no idea that it was a sham........yikes....

I recognize this. There was a thread in pre-1991 about this. I called scam in that thread early on... and was flamed for being suspicious. LOL

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16408&highlight=mark

SizzleSale.com said:
I recognize this. There was a thread in pre-1991 about this. I called scam in that thread early on... and was flamed for being suspicious. LOL

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16408&highlight=mark

Hey, people are the ones that lend themselves to these scams and cry about it when they lose money but I guess it takes a hard lesson for some to actually learn.

Greg

disassebled,
Let's not blame the victims or would be victims of fraud. These people are plain scums of the earth :twisted:

Latest posts

Back