Ebay 2C+.... I still like mine better!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it odd that it has a half power switch label on the face plate intead of a simulclass label?

Thanks for the welcome and comments. I'm so excited I have a simul! I had no idea except that this amp sounds unreal and I knew I had something special. I bought it 2 years ago with a 4-12 cab for 1250.00. I drove 3 hours to get it and it was well worth it. The guy had no idea how special this amp was. I told him but he didn't care! Good for me. It's funny that I am from the Bay Area and order my first Boogie when I was 17 from Prune Music. Many years later after going through ever amp imaginable. I'm back and never leaving home again! And guess what, I bought this 2C+ for the rhythm sound!!!

Has anyone ever had their shell replaced?
Thanks,
Mugambi :D

Boogiebabies said:
Screen Grid resistors look changed. It does have some of the cleanest wiring I have seen.

Thanks for the overview. I didn't know exactly what I had here until you boogie experts helped out. What are the screen grid resistors for?

Thanks. :)

I know this is an old thread but that guy Jamcity4 is awesome to deal with, totally legit. I bought my IIC+ off him in 2001 for just $1400. I think i made out.

Captured2004-1-500000.jpg

danyeo1 said:
I know this is an old thread but that guy Jamcity4 is awesome to deal with, totally legit. I bought my IIC+ off him in 2001 for just $1400. I think i made out.

Looks nice except for the Gain Boost knob! :wink: :lol:

MesieBooga said:
danyeo1 said:

Looks nice except for the Gain Boost knob! :wink: :lol:

It's the same thing as a deep knob. This SN is 13870. It's non-simulclass but my friend has a loaded IIC+ and we had them right next to eachother with the same exact settings on an H30 loaded 4x12, EXCEPT my presence was on 5 or 6 and his was on 0. They sounded identical. I always have people tell me how there should be a big difference but they can't bring up any real life direct comparisons. I will have them side by side again this coming Saturday.

Why would such a late IIC+ have a "Gain Boost" face plate? The "Pull Deep" came out around 12500-12600 with the exeption of the long chassis and K series. They came out a bit later as Mesa used up the "Gain Boost" stock.

Boogiebabies said:
Why would such a late IIC+ have a "Gain Boost" face plate? The "Pull Deep" came out around 12500-12600 with the exeption of the long chassis and K series. They came out a bit later as Mesa used up the "Gain Boost" stock.

Saw that too, I though maybe he forgot and it's 12xxx.

Boogiebabies said:

Not sure, but it definetly is 13780. Maybe they liked to call it a gain boost on the particular model that i have, it's non-simulclass and 60 watts. Just 2 power tubes.

Captured2004-1-500001.jpg

The gain boost plates should have been long gone by 13800. I would assume that is is a January or February of 1985 with that serial number.
I have 1312X from 6/84, 1362X from 10/84 and 1406X from 2/85. All have "Pull Deep". The 1312X has a different setting for the EQ in/out/auto, but this is normal on early IIC+'s. Regardless of the 60 watt status it should have had a " Pull Deep" face plate. Very odd.

Latest posts

Back