Ebay 2C+.... I still like mine better!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it always indicates fraud - check there ratings. I have noticed that non-PayPal auctions usually close for less dollars.

This guy is totally legit. He has sold more real IIC+'s than you can shake a stick at. He has sold some fake cabinets in the past, but I have yet to see a faked SUS mount. The amp itself is 100%, but the speaker is wrong. It has the Bendinelli mods of the 62K to ground from the graphic EQ ground and the .05 cap to ground on the OT secondary to prevent oscillation at high volumes. The only other repair was a set of new bias supply filter caps. It is an early pre 22K series resistor to the master volume amp. A perfect example of an early IIC+. Now, he may be trying to make a huge profit, but that is his perogative and whoever decides to buy it.

I would hate to see the final vlauation fee on $3600 or the 3% hit from paypal on this one either.

And look Ma, no rust on the transformers !!!

I'll chime in and say he's definitely a top shelf guy... He buys amps all over, and sends them to mesa to be totally serviced, and upgraded if necessary.. Always above board, and often has nos sylvannias installed...
Almost all are in hardwood cabs, maybe new ones, but still cool...
I've talked with him on a few occasions, and he's always helpful....
ax. :twisted:

cool... I don't know much about ebay, but I am aware that some folks say stay away from anyone demanding methods of payment that leave you no recourse if your purchase turns out to be fraudulent. This guy sounds cool. And I did wonder if that the hardwood shell was "new".

It's been a long time since I have seen his stuff go with NOS STR-415's.
I think he sold two like that. I remember talking to Rich Ray about his stuff.
Rich always said the amps were legit, but he could spot a fake or non-mesa cab anyday. This one is 100%. Looks like STR-454's and STR-447's in this one.

My response is a bit late. I bought a Mk3 Blue stripe off this guy about 18 months ago and had it shipped to the UK, no problems.

Ian

Just noticed, replaced plate load resistors on the lead stages and a .001 cap coupled to the lead channel plate load resistor on the V4A. This lowers the overall brightness of the amp an forces you to run the treble higher. It is usually stock on a 60/100. It is a definite Mike B. Mod.

Boogiebabies said:
Just noticed, replaced plate load resistors on the lead stages and a .001 cap coupled to the lead channel plate load resistor on the V4A. This lowers the overall brightness of the amp an forces you to run the treble higher. It is usually stock on a 60/100. It is a definite Mike B. Mod.

You seem to have some knowlege of these Mark series amp. If I post a picture of mine do you mind giving a breakdown? It's a 2C+ done by Randall himself (his intials). It seems bigger than normal and I'm not sure about the simuclass either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mugambi said:
You seem to have some knowlege of these Mark series amp...

Boogiebabies having "some" knowledge? The level of understatement there just struck me as kind of funny. :wink:

No offense intended, of course, and if you check out some of his other posts, you'll see what I mean. I shudder to think what would happen if he gave up the Klonopin. :lol:

Gordman said:
Mugambi said:

Boogiebabies having "some" knowledge? The level of understatement there just struck me as kind of funny. :wink:

No offense intended, of course, and if you check out some of his other posts, you'll see what I mean. I shudder to think what would happen if he gave up the Klonopin. :lol:

Well I took your advice and read Boogiebabies posts. I get why it was funny to you. I was a little excited finding a boogie forum and jumped right on in. Anyway, I've been reading and I found out some things about my amp I didn't know.

I have a 105 tranny
Factory C+? 13777
No Simulclass
Has 60/100 I guess
Long chassis
Deep pull

I love the way my amp sounds now. How drastic will a simulclass mod change my amp?

I've posted some crappy pictures just in case someone see something I should know about.

Thanks,
Mugambi

C2Front.jpg

CHASSIS.jpg

C2FNTRIGHT.jpg

1051.jpg

C2REAR.jpg

That amp has simulclass. You have EL34's and 6L6's which you can only do with simul class. The extra wires for the primary of the output transformer are only in the simulclass amps also.

Glad you found some good info. Unfortunately, I can't help you with your question, but others here certainly can. However, since no one else has done so, I can at least welcome you to the Boogie Board. I think that's within my rights, even if I've only achieved "Mark I" status. :)

Mugambi said:
Gordman said:
Mugambi said:

Well I took your advice and read Boogiebabies posts. I get why it was funny to you. I was a little excited finding a boogie forum and jumped right on in. Anyway, I've been reading and I found out some things about my amp I didn't know.

I have a 105 tranny
Factory C+? 13777
No Simulclass
Has 60/100 I guess
Long chassis
Deep pull

I love the way my amp sounds now. How drastic will a simulclass mod change my amp?

I've posted some crappy pictures just in case someone see something I should know about.

Thanks,
Mugambi

C2Front.jpg

CHASSIS.jpg

C2FNTRIGHT.jpg

1051.jpg

C2REAR.jpg

A very nice long chassis simul. Not a very common sight. Look who did the final tech !!!! RCS - Randall C. Smith. You dont see that too often either. Old RCS teched out my hardwood IIC+. Yours is the only other one that I have ever seen that Mike B. (MB) has not done the final tech.

It's all there man, except the presence knob.

The real old Recto's had that WitchHat knob on the FX Loop. (like your Presence) Looks like a nice amp!Weird there is no SimulClass sticker or anything in the amp that tells you it's SimulClass.

Latest posts

Back