Easy, reversible Parallel to Serial Loop Alternative

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
https://warpedmusician.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/alternative-modification-for-dual-rectifier-loop/#more-312

I'm ill right now, but I'm going to do this ASAP. I wondered why this wasn't already widely available as an alternative to a hard bypass of the jfets. It's easier, kills the dry path mixing into the effects path, and creates a killswitch. Anyway, I repainted the schematic and put a diagram of the board together to help make it simple to follow.

I did it, even though I'm not really well yet....

IT'S F---ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds full through the bass and mids and less frizzy in the highs. This is the sound that made me want a Recto for 10 years before I could get one! I am really hurting, but, man, it was totally worth it. After some AIC, I adjusted it to one of the scooped settings in the manual and it sounded very good. Before, it would have been too scooped in the low mids and less defined in the low end. So happy.

(Side note: my 8 year old son and I watched a documentary on the history of glass technology last night. Vacuum tubes were mentioned in the doc and I used it as an opportunity to discuss the tubes in my amp and he was interested. He got to watch them glow, with the head shell removed, a few minutes ago. It's the little things.......)

Latest posts

Back