Early Lonestar Classic Heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Tone

Reaction score
Hello, I've been researching the lonestar for some time and have decided to purchase one. I have the opportunity to buy a used one, it is one of the early models and is the shorter/taller shape. It sounds like its been gigged a fair bit but the owner assures me its in 100% working order. Is there anything I should be wary of with the early models? I'm trying to decide if I buy this one or keep looking. Buying new isn't really an option for me at this point, so I've been scouring the internet looking for used. Any advice anyone can provide would be great. Thanks

I have a 2004 model combo, not head, but haven't had any problems other than a grid resistor blew out last year, fixed under 5 year warranty

pine said:
I have a 2004 model combo, not head, but haven't had any problems other than a grid resistor blew out last year, fixed under 5 year warranty

there's only a couple months warranty left on this one. Is it transferrable?

Yes - transferable warranty with all Boogies :D
(at least to my knowledge for the past 9 years when I got into Boogies)

Warranty is transferable, but you will need a copy of the purchase receipt. Same goes with the warranty on the tubes, so save everything paperwork wise.
I had an '05 LSC and used that sucker hard and only had a few issues that I thought were normal with tubes amps (Blown power tubes, and once got plugged into 220 volts by stage hand. Every thing was covered sept the 220 thing, and that cost $45.00
If your looking at the short chassis combo snag it, those things are super rare!
Cheers!

fishyfishfish said:
Warranty is transferable, but you will need a copy of the purchase receipt. Same goes with the warranty on the tubes, so save everything paperwork wise.
I had an '05 LSC and used that sucker hard and only had a few issues that I thought were normal with tubes amps (Blown power tubes, and once got plugged into 220 volts by stage hand. Every thing was covered sept the 220 thing, and that cost $45.00
If your looking at the short chassis combo snag it, those things are super rare!
Cheers!

Its not a combo, just the head, similar to this one:

11a9_35.JPG

Latest posts

Back