• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dying for a 2 channel dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtxdriggers

Reaction score
My band goes on tour in December, and I'm amp-less. I blew my Ibanez ToneBlaster (no surprise. that thing sucked) and I seriously need something to play. But I figure that I should just go all out and get the amp of my dreams. I really want a blackface/chrome chassis 2 channel dual rec. It doesn't have to be a pre500, though I'd give anything I own to have one of those. I would also like a revision F or earlier.

I have $800. I will pay more if you want more. There's no way I would pay $800 up front and not finish paying for it. It's just one of those things that you have to trust me on. My income is limited. I'm still in high school and have a part-time job. So I'm only bringing in $200-$300 every other week. But I will give you every dime I earn until the amp is paid off. I will pay shipping too.

Please help me out guys.

EDIT: I found R-0075, but he wants $2000 + shipping w/ insurance. I'd gladly do it, but he wants all the money up front. Anyone want to make me a loan? ;)

I don't know if anyone cares, but I thought I'd share the short story of why I want such a specific amp.

My brother used to have a 1992 blackface, chrome chassis, red power light, pre500 (Revision C, but I can't remember the serial number). He didn't realize what a rare and valuable amp he actually had. He bought it in 1999 on eBay for $1100. I remember the sound. The best amp I've ever played on, and I'm proud to have even had the chance.

However, late last year, he sold his entire rig for $1000 even. His dual rec, his Marshall 1960a, and his Schecter C-1 Elite. I understand that he really needed the money, but I'm still extremely disappointed. Until recently, he didn't realize that he could have gotten about 2 grand for his dual rec alone.

I finally got into contact with the person my brother sold his rig to, only to find out that he sold the head not too long ago. He won't give me the person's name or any information whatsoever. So I've had to tear the internet apart looking for one like it.

Please help me get one :(

Latest posts

Back