Duals have a series effects loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganboySB

Reaction score
Today I'm looking forward to buying this ISP decimator pro G unit and says the loop must be a series. Guess if it doesn't then I'll have to go with the pedal... which I hear is pretty good too.
Ken

Yea found out afterwards but thanks for confirming. Uh, the guy for ISP said I can turn the send all the way up and it pretty much turns it into a parallel or something like that. But he also mentioned how plenty of Dual rectfier owners are using this Decimator and with great results.
Ken

old Rectifiers (as in 1992, 1993, 1994) have a series loop. After that, it was all parallel.

RoadKings have series.

What the guy probably meant is that if you turn the send as high as it can go, it's kind of like you using a series loop, but it's still not a true series loop.

Ok but should work for my purposes then? Or should I ultimately convert my loop to a series? Oh could you also explain the difference for me; advantages, disadvantages of each?
Ken

I have tried every possible combination with my G-Force. If you turn the send to max, it clips. If you set the mix to 100%, it is too much. I just set them both to 12:00 and control everything with the G-Force.

my gsystem works pretty nce with the parallel. Takes a bit of fiddling tho.

Can parallel effects loops be modded to series??? If it can is it worth it?

Yes , you can convert parallel to series, there's a thread in here somewhere that tells/shows with pics how to do it. Just do a search for it.

I've had both loop types with my DR's and the series loop stomps the parallel as far as ease of use, efx level settings, tone, etc.....

I have the decimator pedal and I use it on the input of my DR. I tried in the FX loop with the mix all maxed up, and it works fine. I cuts all the noise coming from the pre amp, but you have to set the threshold kinda high and it sucks the tone a bit.

Ok got the ISP decimator pro G $300 bux :) I like it so far although I have a lot of setting up to do with all my pedals etc... boy I got some work to do. I'm not sure how to hook all this stuff up. I have lots of different stomp boxes, rack units etc.... I think first I need to get one of those rack cases.
Ken

Latest posts

Back