Dual Recto USage !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinkie

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have recorded a new song, with my dual rectifier amp...
It's a bit weird song, with lots poppy parts, and it has dual all over it, the song is not really the type u are used to hear for sure, but it shows that dual can get pretty versatile.
So the heavier part of the song, in case u wanna jump to that is @4:00 min.

The link is:

www.soundclick.com/brokensidewalk

All the song is with dual, but for the verse I used POD v2, trough mesa power amp.

The mic I used is an AKG perception 200, its a condenser mic.

SO tell me what u think of the sound, and please do not make comment on how the vocals suck or whatever cause what we're trying to focus here is on the guitar tone.

So thank u and keep sharing those tones.
Bye.

Now thats the way to use a Mesa... such versatility. I normally don't listen to punk, but this wasn't bad. I enjoyed the heavy part and the parts from 4:23 to 5:38 it reminded me of Agalloch. You have some nice sounds. Good job.

Thanks for sharing.

You played every part? Drums, bass, guitar, and sang as well?

I thoroughly enjoyed it! You know, Dave Grohl recorded the first Foo Fighters album by himself... Good tones and melodies!

awesome tone, could you share settings? Also how'd you record the parts (double tracked or miced two cabs at the same time etc?)

MusicManJP6 said:
You played every part? Drums, bass, guitar, and sang as well?

I thoroughly enjoyed it! You know, Dave Grohl recorded the first Foo Fighters album by himself... Good tones and melodies!

Yeah, I did actually play every instruments on the song as well as vocals.
Thanks for the compliments.

pplwu said:
wow.. thats very good! can I ask what do you use to record?

Well, the signal chain is this:

Fender telecaster with ToneZone pickup -> Dual Recto -> Marshall 1960AV -> AKG Perception 200 -> Edirol UA-101 -> Sonar where I use some eq and compression.

broknstuff said:
awesome tone, could you share settings? Also how'd you record the parts (double tracked or miced two cabs at the same time etc?)

Thanks on the tone compliment !
I recorded the same thing twice and panned it left/right, but not hard left/right, more like 85% each side. I added a third guitar track, with different settings (dif mic position).
Messed up with eq, compression, that kinda stuff and tried to get the most out of the tools I had. I change settings a lot, so I dont really remember any of the settings I used for the song. But here's what I do, I get a mic in one position, then mess with the amp (in a dif. room than the cab) settings, if I like the sound then good, if I cant get what I wont with the any settings, I go change the mic position, until the sounds suits my needs.

Well, If ya have any questions, please ask...
Thanks.

thanks for the tip! Me and some friends tried to record for the first time 2 summers ago and I realized what a difficult process it really is. Our results were no where near as good as yours, so any tips like that are always welcome!

nice work.....i noticed you were using sonar....do you enjoy using it and what are using as a control surface with it to mix with?

Yeeaah, Sonar is a really cool software !
I love it, and I mix on it, with various plugins including sonar one's.
Hope it helps,

bye.

Blackface tweed said:
If you'll make an album, I'll be the first to buy it! nice work!!!!!

I am making an album, but at home, I am recording all of the instruments and vocals for the songs, I will be selling it for a low price, not all songs are like that one u heard ! I will sell it on bigcartel...if u really wanna buy it, msg me and I'll notice u when its ready !

EMGguitarist said:
Wow great song man... kudos on all fronts

Thank u !

keep sharing !

Dude, start up a band, start writing material just as good as that, and I think we have something! :shock:

Back