Dual Rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roXor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering about the tone differences between the Roadster and the Solo head. I'm going to purchase one later in the summer but wondering about the balances. I heard that the Solo Head has nice distortion but has a so-so clean. The Roadsters got an all-around style but a minor difference to the gain? I'm not buying the combo, I'm getting a full stack with head. I would also like to ask which cabinets would suit my style. I play thrash metal a lot but on some occasions I would play some jazz, rarely. I'll be making my final decisions after your support. Please leave tone clips of the high gain channels for both and clean.

Thanks in advance for helping me on deciding for the best.

the dual rectifier has a good clean channel, it works very well for me. dot know to much about the roadster though.
i use recifier cabs fo a full stack. one straight and one slanted , the work excellent.
check them both out and decide for your self.
I don´t think you will be disapointed of any of them

the roadster has a million more options than a regular recto. The gain will sound almost, if not completely, the same. Even if it's not completely the same sound, IT WILL STILL SOUND LIKE A RECTIFIER. They all have the same basic sound, but different seasonings if you will. Have you ever heard of a Marshall that didn't sound like a Marshall? Or a fender strat that didn't sound like a strat?

There's some tone clips on this website somewhere...I think in the rigs and tones section.

Do some searches and you'll find many posts talking about the roadster and rectos.

Between the 2 I would go with the Roadster personally, because you get an extra channel, built in reverb, and a few extra settings. I wish I had known about the roadster when I got my DR, but I'm very happy with it, but if given the choice today I would take the Roadster.

On one of my rigs, I use a DR for my clean channel.

When dialed in properly (like all Mesas) - it sounds KILLER!

Don't believe the hype about the DR's being a "one trick pony". It's very versatile.

lookslikemeband said:

Don't believe the hype about the DR's being a "one trick pony". It's very versatile.

+100

Mesa's are hard to dial in and each one is different, but once you get to know the one you choose, it will become second nature.

lookslikemeband said:

I agree...

Both amps have some of the same things... but the DR has less of the features.. but it depends on what you need... do you need to change for different sounds?

If you do... I would suggest Roadster...

Latest posts

Back