Dual Rectifier RF-1C circuit notes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53crew

Reaction score
Could someone who has them please send me the notes for the Dual Rectifier RF-1C circuit board? (Please send them to my message box.)
I have an RF-1D board and want to see what the differences are.
Thanks,
Steve

i may have pics online....my hard drive crashed where i know for certain i had pics saved of both an RFC and an RFD. I'll see what I can do for you, but it's not my top priority at the moment. Fixing the computer, however, is...

There is no RF-1C schematic at Mesa. The RF-1D is almost identical, but there is no schematic available for it either. Both do not differ very much from the F. The most I have gotten was a hand drawn copy from George Mueller of the differences between the 1C,D and F. The main difference was only in the switching buss for the input fot the clean and lead channels. The tonal difference is from a slight change in what value capacitors/resistors that were used before the guitar tone hit the lead channel circuit. I have it somewhere, but I have not been able to find it yet. I have waaaaaaaay too many schematics and articles. If I find it, I will be happy to scan it. Unless you blueprint the entire amp yourself, I do not think t will be of any real value. It would be a dizzying task.

Do you know exactly what the tonal difference is suppose to be. Because my R0005 is alot more bright, more like a SLO and very good for soloing, this is the C of course.

My R0394 is darker sounding, a bit more distortion and better for rythem, this is a D. They are both very tight, however in order to get my 394 to sounds like my R0005 I have to turn the presense up to half way and treble around 1PM. My settings on the R0005 are no presense and treble around 12.

I have a ractifier coming in next week, not an early one, it will have the 1F board in it, so I will compare again to see how much of a difference there is.

Boogiebabies said:
There is no RF-1C schematic at Mesa. The RF-1D is almost identical, but there is no schematic available for it either. Both do not differ very much from the F. The most I have gotten was a hand drawn copy from George Mueller of the differences between the 1C,D and F. The main difference was only in the switching buss for the input fot the clean and lead channels. The tonal difference is from a slight change in what value capacitors/resistors that were used before the guitar tone hit the lead channel circuit. I have it somewhere, but I have not been able to find it yet. I have waaaaaaaay too many schematics and articles. If I find it, I will be happy to scan it. Unless you blueprint the entire amp yourself, I do not think t will be of any real value. It would be a dizzying task.

i can post pics for you guys of the RF-1C. I have it opened right here in my room and it would seriously take me ten minutes. Let me know if there is anything you specifically would want to see photographed.

Boogiebabies,
I'd love to see a scan of those notes. I dont' need the entire schematic, I just want to know what is unique about the RF-1C......
Thanks,
Steve

@ boogiebabies - I'd like to see the hand drawn notes as well please

Latest posts

Back