dual rectifier loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First post so hey there. The board seems pretty cool, wondering if someone can help.

I'm using a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a Mesa Traditional 4x12 blah blah. I don't bother with effects (crunch crunch that'll do!). I've always just bypassed the loop for obvious reasons but I seem to be getting a much better tone with the loop on, using the output more as a volume control. Is it completely mental doing that?

The only thing I'm using is a Boss noise suppressor which I just put through the input on the amp.

My set up is perhaps odd, any thoughts?

Thanks.

ibegyourpardon said:
is the loop oor single rec/rect-o-verb driven by a 12ax7 as well?

yes it is - it's V4 (fourth from the left, or directly behind the power tubes)

Now here's another question...are you guys running the fx loop on without anything connected at all or are you using a short cable into the send and return?

MJ

FWIW I was using a short patch cable connecting send to return. (3-ch Triple, loop level and mix both dimed) After the initial "wow-factor" of more gain (like a recto needs it!) I abandoned this in favor of using the loop for delay/reverb and boosting the front end wih a MXR 10-band EQ, with far better results.

Endless knob-tweaking later, the EQ is gone too. IMO the natural preamp tone is pretty hard to beat.

4nkam said:
Now here's another question...are you guys running the fx loop on without anything connected at all or are you using a short cable into the send and return?

MJ

I don't have anything connected. That's why I thought that might be weird...

... Wouldn't have thought it would matter anywany. I could be wrong, I'm new to Mesa stuff.

Maybe I should just out my noise suppressor through the effects loop. Now, how the hell do I do that?? :oops:

With the Recto's parallel FX loop, your gate will be more effective run into the front end like you have it. Gates work well in series loops to get rid of preamp hiss, but if you're just looking to make your guitar shut up when not playing leave it in the front.

Latest posts

Back