Dual Rectifier FX Loop, how are you setting it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Lugo

Reaction score
I did the 10 band EQ in the FX Loop yesterday with my 90's Racto with some awesome results I might add, my question is the FX loop has an Input and Output volume on the back of the amp and then a Master volume (separate from the amps master) on the front. How do you guys set it? How do you balance the front and back settings? I did this yesterday for the first time in an online reamp session and just tweeked around till it sounded the best to me, which was the Effects Mix and Send Level knobs on the back were on 10 and then I just turned up the Master for the FX loop on the front till is sounded best, is that optimal or is there another way that is better?

I put channel 3's master between 9:30 and 10:00, set the FX knob in the back at 12:00, then adjust the master output to taste.

The remaining channels get tweaked until they balance channel 3.

screamingdaisy said:
I put channel 3's master between 9:30 and 10:00, set the FX knob in the back at 12:00, then adjust the master output to taste.

The remaining channels get tweaked until they balance channel 3.

I think on the back of mine there are 2 knobs, input and output. Do you set both in and out on the back to 12 noon?

James Lugo said:
I think on the back of mine there are 2 knobs, input and output. Do you set both in and out on the back to 12 noon?

Both my Rectos have serial loops, so they only have the FX send level on the back.

Isn't the second knob on yours a "mix" knob?

screamingdaisy said:
James Lugo said:

Both my Rectos have serial loops, so they only have the FX send level on the back.

Isn't the second knob on yours a "mix" knob?

Duh, you're right I have Effects Mix and Send Level on the back. Sorry man The head is racked up and it's dark back there. So how would you set both of those? Is there a way for better sound/lower noise?

Thanks

In theory (meaning I could be wrong), and assuming you're using a rack based FX unit...

Set the FX unit to maximum wet and/or kill dry.

Use the Mix knob on the back of the amp to set the mix level.

The best signal to noise ratio will be achieved when you have your channel master/FX send levels at the maximum level possible without clipping the FX unit, then using the master output to set the overall volume to taste. I've always left the FX send knob at 12:00 and used the channel masters to set the level.

Or, you could do what a lot of people do and mod the loop to serial. I don't know the details but if I remember right it's relocating one wire to a different lug on a terminal or something like that. There's a few to-dos on this forum and some of them has pictures.

my send level is just at 12.30 and my mix knob is all the way wet

funny thing about my 2010 pre multi watt recto -I don't seem to get any dry bleed at full wet . at full mix wet with my timeline set to 100% wet volume swell delay I dont hear the dry note at all

I knwo it suppsoed to only go to 90% wet but mine seems to be 100%

screamingdaisy said:
In theory (meaning I could be wrong), and assuming you're using a rack based FX unit...

Set the FX unit to maximum wet and/or kill dry.

Use the Mix knob on the back of the amp to set the mix level.

The best signal to noise ratio will be achieved when you have your channel master/FX send levels at the maximum level possible without clipping the FX unit, then using the master output to set the overall volume to taste. I've always left the FX send knob at 12:00 and used the channel masters to set the level.

Or, you could do what a lot of people do and mod the loop to serial. I don't know the details but if I remember right it's relocating one wire to a different lug on a terminal or something like that. There's a few to-dos on this forum and some of them has pictures.

Thanks, I'm just using it right now for an MXR 10 Band EQ, floor pedal.

So the the FX Send knob you leave at 12 is the one on the back? And set the one on the front to taste or just before it clips?

James Lugo said:
So the the FX Send knob you leave at 12 is the one on the back? And set the one on the front to taste or just before it clips?

The one on the back I leave at 12:00.

I set the channel master on Red/Modern between 9:30 and 10:00 to avoid clipping the loop. I then adjust the Orange channel so it's the same basic volume.

I use the active master to control the actual volume.

screamingdaisy said:
James Lugo said:

The one on the back I leave at 12:00.

I set the channel master on Red/Modern between 9:30 and 10:00 to avoid clipping the loop. I then adjust the Orange channel so it's the same basic volume.

I use the active master to control the actual volume.

Awesome thanks

Latest posts

Back