Dual Rectifier Clean Channel Gain Knob

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
so the question i have is what is the "norm" when adjusting the gain knob on channel one of the DR 3 channel amp. i want to use this channel simply for cleans, and i have a tone press comp in front and g major chorus & delay in the loop. basically i'm looking for a nice crystal sound.

what setting on the gain should i use that will give me the most headroom before it begins to "distort."

right now i have the gain at about 8 o'clock (really low) and channel master at max (which i really don't want to have it that high). i'm assuming these are not "normal" settings for the clean channel. just curious what are some of the settings in your DR amp. thanks.

on my bandmate's Roadster that's what we have to do to get a "true clean" with decent volume... gain way down, master volume waaaaaaay up. haven't found another way to do it yet.

CoG said:
on my bandmate's Roadster that's what we have to do to get a "true clean" with decent volume... gain way down, master volume waaaaaaay up. haven't found another way to do it yet.

good to know. for a minute there i thought i was doing something wrong!

If I set my Triple clean master all the way I get some clipping, try your master at about 3 oclock and your gain at around 12 oclock. I also roll the volume off on my guitar. Even on clean these amps seem to have a little breakup if pushed hard. I have a 3 channel and set my clean channel first and then set my other channels volume in relation to the first channel. The dirty sounds seem easier to dial in at different volumes.

I use the Master about 3 o'clock and the gain around noon also. Gets a pretty good clean and you can clip it if you really get on the strings.

Very versatile. It sounds even better if you add some chorus on it.

jtb226 said:
I use the Master about 3 o'clock and the gain around noon also. Gets a pretty good clean and you can clip it if you really get on the strings.

Very versatile. It sounds even better if you add some chorus on it.

clean gain at 12 o'clock? it's funny cause i've always been under the impression that it'll create some sort of "distorted" sound, but never actually tried it! but i'll mess around with it at monday's rehearsal. thanks!

turn the gain up to about half way, but dont put the high or mid tone controls over 50%. If you put them higher than half, they add gain instead of tone, then adjust the master to suit.

This is about how i have mine, and it is crystal clear, even with some pretty hot pickups, prs #7s and a PRS tremonti

You could save the solo boost for when you use your clean channel. That way it won't be an odd volume compared to the other channels when you switch.

you shouldn't have to hit the boost just to hear the clean channel amongst the gain channels...

what i do is i put the channel volume all the way up and the gain to about 1030. Then i turn up the master until the volume is at a good level for the mix and then adjust the gain channels accordingly, i tend to keep away from the modern setting and go with the vintage, it's quieter so you can turn up the channel volume and really get that nice mesa preamp saturation sound :)

Latest posts

Back