Dual Rec vs. Switchblade

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get a biased answer but I already have a dual rec and was wondering about the H & K Switchblade. I hear people saying that the heavy rhythm sounds they are getting are rectifier like.

Does anyone have experience with this amp?

In case you haven't heard of it, its a tube amp with diode clipping I guess that also has midi and onboard effects. It comes with a stageboard that can save 128 presets including EQ, effects etc. Check it out if you haven't seen it?

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=prod&id=109#

Cool man-- I havent played any of the H & K stuff-- a place in town used to carry them but I didnt play one while they did. Expensive stuff if I remember correctly, but I wonder if its worth it? What is the switchblade priced @?

Micah said:
Cool man-- I havent played any of the H & K stuff-- a place in town used to carry them but I didnt play one while they did. Expensive stuff if I remember correctly, but I wonder if its worth it? What is the switchblade priced @?

I think the 100 watt head is around $1300. But nobody has them. I really want to try one.

I have had 2 different H&Ks. I had the 1x12 Tube 50 combo and the MK1 Triamp head.

The Triamp had some good tones in it. Both the Tverb and DR I have owned have bigger and fuller bottom ends. And a different voicing all together.

I can't speak from personal experience on the Switchblade, but I be careful thinking it is going to be like a Rectifier. I heard that same comparison back when I was introduced to the H&Ks and just wasn't accurate.
I would think (and hope) the Switchblade has some good tones in it. I have always liked their products....just definitely different than the rectifiers.

boogieslide said:
I have had 2 different H&Ks. I had the 1x12 Tube 50 combo and the MK1 Triamp head.

The Triamp had some good tones in it. Both the Tverb and DR I have owned have bigger and fuller bottom ends. And a different voicing all together.

I can't speak from personal experience on the Switchblade, but I be careful thinking it is going to be like a Rectifier. I heard that same comparison back when I was introduced to the H&Ks and just wasn't accurate.
I would think (and hope) the Switchblade has some good tones in it. I have always liked their products....just definitely different than the rectifiers.

Cool. Well I just pulled the trigger on one and it should ship today. I'll a/b it with my dual rec as soon as I get it and post a report for anyone who cares.

if anything the H&K Warp X is gonna sound more like a dual rec, that is a high gain monster and all tube, where the switchblade is only partial tube but alot of diode distorition with a tube poweramp.

The word was that Wilton from queensryche was using them, but i saw them live last night and he had the TRI-amps and not the Switchblades.

Latest posts

Back