Dual Rec Two Channel - what price should I pay?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stadidas

Reaction score
I (like most people here) am looking for a two channel Dual Rectifier, with a pre-500 serial number.
I just wanted to know what sort of prices they usually sell for. There may have been a post about this recently but I can't find it. If I do find one obviously I don't want to pay over the odds, so if anyone who's bought one or seen them sold could let me know what prices they go for I'd be very grateful.
Also, if anyone here has one and plays metal with it, if they could let me know how it compares to the modern 3 channel ones that would be great.

Over the past few months I have been seeing the run of the mill pre500 (black chassis, chrome diamond plate) for around $1,300 in the US. The Black Diamond plate with the Chrome Chassis have been going for more...the last 2 on ebay went for over 2k...But they are pretty rare. I've never played a 3 channel. But from what I have heard, people generally like the gain on the 2channels better, but prefer the 3channels for the clean tones.

i paid 900 for each of mine about a year ago. The prices have gone up for 2 channels in general to around 1300 + and even 2k for some rare ones.

It's all a matter of luck. And yes, they sound better than 3channels for metal.

What is the biggest difference for you for the 2 channel versus the 3 channels?

I have the 2 channel Triple and I am happy but I noticed that I don't have as much gain, but I have a great tone...

The average price I've seen for pre500-1000 Mesa's is right around 1150. pre500 and less 1300.

All depends on what people want to pay and what's available.

Latest posts

Back