Dual rec problems WTF!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_ksom

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am new here, im from Australia & have not long brought myself a Dual Rectifier that I have been wanting for, for so long. I finally got the cash by refinancing my home loan & sweet talking the Mrs into letting me get one, even though it cost me a full bedroom suite I NEEDED to get one, now that I have one I gotta say I am a little dissapointed. A bit of inside info, I brought it 2nd hand, it was hardly gigged and did not have a mark on it, It is a 2009 model 3 channel dual rec, it was purchased buy the guy I brought it from, new at billy hydes for $4139.00, and came with everything from new, tags, manual, cover etc etc. It has not had a valve change though the original owner had problems with the amp so he sent it in for repairs & it came back as a faulty valve, he said its been good ever since. Now I played it for a good 1/2 hr and it sounded great in has orange 4x12 V30 speaker cab (smallish looking cab) I buy it, bring it home, connect it up and it sounds tinny and flat, the clean channel is really quiet compared to ch2 & 3, so I read a little on these forums and come to the conclusion that I may have a faulty valve, so I swap valves around and yes it did change and I get full volume back on the clean channel, but then the foot switch is SO noisey, move some valves around again, foot switch not noisey, but channel volume and ringing noise through channels, had some more tubes and fitted them in (not mesa but Marshall 12ax7) so now it has been working although a little more mids it sounds pretty decent. So switch it on again last night and the bloody power toggle switch shits itself, WTF!!! im getting cranky NOW, as I have played it 4 times and 3 of the 4 times I had problems. How has reliability been on your mesa's, hope you have had a better run than I am having.

Regards

Casey

Hi Koprofag

The switch has no feeling, like the inner spring has broken, so its really loose inside itself, but it still turns on which is good as our local mesa tech is on holidays till the 11/01/

I will get around to replacing the tubes soon.

regards
Casey

Hi if anyone was interested, the problem with the switch was the side tabs that hold the switch together had let go and the switch just needed the tabs re adjusted and refitted, took about 10mins to fix.

regards

Casey

Latest posts

Back