Dual Rec needs more gain for soloing, please help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHandedFunk

Reaction score
I recently got a Dual Rectifier (3 channel). It sounds amazing when i play anything down low, but when i solo and take it to higher octaves (pretty much anything above the 7th fret on the top 3 strings) it sounds like i've rolled back my guitar's volume knob. It's like the gain just drops away. Is this normal for Rectifiers, or is there something wrong with mine? Can the problem be fixed by getting a pedal to overdrive my solos? If so, which pedal do you recommend?

Try the orange channel, vintage mode, tube Recto for leads, low presence, a fair amount of mids.

That being said, I know what you mean. My 3ch wasn't as liquid as my 2ch. However... try out a boost such as the Maxon OD808, with the controls as: Level - Max, Gain - Off, Tone - to taste, and see if that doesn't help. You should be in liquid territory in no time.

There should be enough gain in a Recto to to make any guitar sing........ Definately try the Vintage on Ch 2.

Gain 3:00
Bass 10:00
mids 11:00-12:00
treb 12:00-12:30
pres 11:00-11:00

This should make any humbucker guitar have a real juicy lead tone, if it's a single coil bump the gain up to about 4:00.

I've got a clip of my Road King and Roadster in that mode with about those settings using a hot humbucker and a single coil guitar at www.guitartest.moonfruit.com if you want to see what it can sound like.

OneHandedFunk said:
...(pretty much anything above the 7th fret on the top 3 strings) it sounds like i've rolled back my guitar's volume knob. It's like the gain just drops away....

Sounds like a guitar setup issue, since it sounds fine on the rest of the neck. Before spending a bunch of money on pedals, check your truss rod adjustment, pickup height, check for uneven frets and put on some fresh strings.

Latest posts

Back