Dual Rec Main Pot question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc_mesa

Reaction score
I recently got a used 3 ch dual rec. Sofar every things seems to be in working order and it sounds great. But, the other day my wife was out and the neighbors were not home yet, so I decided to see what it could do. It seems that the ch 2 master goes out when you get it to the 3 o'clock position and then picks up at the 4 o'clock again. Also, it seems to get scratchy around this point too when I move the nob. This seems to be the only thing I can find wrong with it. Is replacing the pot switch something that can be done fairly easy or do i need to take it some where? I'm not afraid to get in there and try it if its not to big of a job. It is not that big of a deal right now since I wont be playing that loud for a while. Just curious about what it would take to get it fixed sometime soon.

Before going the hard route of replace parts I suggest getting a can of contact cleaner from your local electronic parts dealer or online seller (mouser, allied, etc) and spraying it in the pot to try and clean any debris that might have accumulated in there. Ensure that the cleaner doesn't have any lubricant in it or you might attract more dust and particles in the future.

If that doesn't do it for ya then you can probably order the Pot from Mesa or a an authorized repair center to do it yourself. It shouldn't be too hard but i have no idea of your mechanical/electronic abilities. Either way you really need to be extra careful when working on something like a tube amp because the voltages inside can kill you.

Greg

Back