Dual Rec footswitch for Mark III ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of getting Voodooman switch recently but all of the "bad pub" has scared me off. So I am looking at a 2 button Dual rec footswitch to have one switch to control EQ/R2 or R2/Lead as I already have a Lead/rhythm single switch.

single 1/4" out from the DR switch, I assume that I can go to Radio Shack and get a "splitter" to go to two cable for the Mark III ... any input would be welcome.

A typical stereo "splitter" won't work - they generally split the stereo signal into two separate stereo pairs. You'll need to find a stereo splitter that actually splits the signal into two mono jacks. I have one that was made by Hosa and it has one red jack and one black jack, labeled Tip and Ring. You can get them at Guitar Center, and they're like $8.

sixtonoize said:
A typical stereo "splitter" won't work - they generally split the stereo signal into two separate stereo pairs. You'll need to find a stereo splitter that actually splits the signal into two mono jacks. I have one that was made by Hosa and it has one red jack and one black jack, labeled Tip and Ring. You can get them at Guitar Center, and they're like $8.
The jack under the chassis for the Mark III EQ footswitch is stereo (TRS = Tip, Ring, Sleeve), because it also controls the Reverb. You will need to figure out which "side" (Tip or Ring) controls the EQ. IIRC, a mono plug in the EQ/Rev jack will turn both the EQ and Reverb on and off simultaneously.
Try the Lead foot switch with a shielded cable in the EQ/Rev jack and see what it does.

Latest posts

Back