dual rec clean question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaman12

Reaction score
I got a 2 channel dual rec today, and in the process of shipping one of the power tubes was broke..So I pulled two rectifier tubes out to make it 50 watts...My clean volume has really suffered, but the distortion is still okay..Is the clean volume low because I am just pushing 50 watts? I m just having real trouble getting a good clean tone at a higher volume..Any help would be appreciated.thanks a lot

You only want to pull one of the rectifier tubes. Then pull the inside pair of tubes so you only have the 2 outside tubes in. It does lower it to 50 watts so you have less headroom for the clean channel, but it should be plenty loud still.

There are several things that could be fishflopping since you got it.

First off - the Rectifier tubes are the big Coke bottle ones to the far right near your Power Transformer - they supply voltage ONLY OR you can use silicone diodes mode. Pull out just one if you're using rec tubes mode.

BOLD power on variac in back.

Second, pull the outside two (don't know if it matters) power tubes or replace the broken tube if it's on the inside with a good one.

Third, make sure the orange channel mode (in back) is set to clean rythm.

Put your gain on orange to @ 10:30-11:00 o'clock, Master @ 12 NOON, EQ to taste. Should be fairly clean, tweek it as needed.

There's a lot more to your DR also using channel cloning, efx loop..etc..

Do you have a parallel (mix/send controls) or series (one knob) loop?
There are a few tricks you can try tweeking these with loop engaged on orange and red.
ie...using Loop Active Master in front as main volume !

I would try to get a new matched set of power tubes asap so you can enjoy your 2 ch Dual Rec thoroughly !

hey, thanks a lot..I am gonna try that stuff..I'm getting new tubes tonight..I am not sure what fx knob I have, but I can use it as a master volume..That has seemed to help..thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it

Latest posts

Back