Dual or triple rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturno_Culto

Reaction score
Guys, help!
What do you think best between these two monsters?
Why would you choose one instead of the other?
Thanks

Noc

Nocturno_Culto said:
Guys, help!
What do you think best between these two monsters?
Why would you choose one instead of the other?
Thanks

Noc

I think the only difference is power, which means more headroom. I'm pretty sure they sound the same. Oh, and on the Dual you can pull two tubes for half power mode. But if you're going for the Triple you prbably don't want to do that anyway...

At the same volume, the Dual will have a slightly more saturated/liquid feel, and the Triple will have a slightly tighter, more percussive feel.

There's no real difference in volume....both are really f*cking loud.

I'd go for the Dual recto myself....... I've had a triple, dual and single and I like the Dual's better. They all sound the same, but the Triple was over kill with 150 watts and the single didn't have the tube rectifier that I liked, so the dual is a happy meeting place of the two. Plus, the Dual has less tubes than the triple to change so it's cheaper in the long run to re-tube :wink:

I agree with tele_jas. Unless all you want to do is gig, or you live by yourself in a rural area a triple is overkill. Besides that they are the exact same. Before I got my amp I played both in a store, no difference, except the triples clean is noticeably louder. I would get a dual because of the less amount of tubes and price. My 2cents.

Thank you guys. I'm gonna try both of them, obviously, being that here in the States they come A LOT cheaper than in Europe. I already had an idea for the dual rectifier...being less powerfull and loud...and I think I'll stick with it after all this thread. Thanks a lot.

Noc

Latest posts

Back