Don't You Hate People Like This?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
I'll let the auction speak for itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-2x12-Rectifier-Speaker-Cabinet-Case_W0QQitemZ230011503743QQihZ013QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your talking about him putting a ''boogie'' nameplate on it and calling it a mesa boogie...thats pretty weak.

well, the person that bought it for 500+ dollars is the weak one, not doing any research and not knowing the difference....
Somebody should accuse him of spam or whatever it is...false advertisement!!!

-AJH

Good catch! My gosh! I almost got caught up in the moment and pushed "Buy It Now"! It was nearly undiscernable from a Mesa cab. The fit and finish is impeccable. Hehehehehe!

I am watching it to see who ends up with it. I have this bridge that I gotta sell. :wink:

That's funny. Is it an old Fender cab or an Avatar? It looks like Fender grill cloth. Or is it just safe to say that it's custom?

Nah, I think y'all are overreacting on this one. Right away, first lines, the says it's not a Mesa Boogie but based on it and used the name cuz his band plays dance music.

There are a lot of knuckleheads on ebay but this guy gets a pass from me.

Here's another one...

[/url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Crate-MESA-Boogie-LOOK-class-a-tube-w-tags-manual_W0QQitemZ130008701146QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38073QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

If his description of the cab is accurate, then, with flight case, it really isn't that bad of a deal....

I still wouldn't buy it though....too risky.

strumminsix said:
Nah, I think y'all are overreacting on this one. Right away, first lines, the says it's not a Mesa Boogie but based on it and used the name cuz his band plays dance music.

There are a lot of knuckleheads on ebay but this guy gets a pass from me.

It's still sleazy. Some kid who doesn't know better could get screwed. Plus, he says it's "modelled after the Rectifier cab". That's a lie.

His auction states "It is built equally as well, sized about the same and has two 12" Silver series Celestion speakers. It's tonal response is the same authotitative, deep punchy tone as the Boogie rectifier cabs it was modeled after. "

Ummm... sure, yeah, right... If it's light weight enough to have a top carrying handle, you can rest assured it does not have the sonic presence of a Boogie cabinet that probably weighs double this one.

Oops! Wow -- I didn't realize that. I'm surprised.

So I'll have to think of something else to rebuke the guy's claim... OK, how about "like all things modeled, they capture the sonic idea of the source material but lack the depth and presence of the real thing." :)

Latest posts

Back