does this look legit?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I THINK THIS COULD BE IT. no one try to steal it from me though, please. finders keepers. tell me if it looks legit to you, he has it for $1200, but i'm trying to get him to sell for $900 canadian.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2411324

that's what i'm scared of. the shipping is going to be half as much as the amp, lol. no it won't be that much, but it'll be expensive.

false alarm, turns out the guy is a huge prick. he swatted away the only offer he's had... i told him i would take it off of him right away for $900 canadian, and he said nah, i then told him i would still buy it if we worked out a deal, i was willing to pay $1100 canadian, and he just kept responding to my questions with "$1200 us including shipping and handling, full price, no deals"...

safetosaydontquoteme said:
false alarm, turns out the guy is a huge prick. he swatted away the only offer he's had... i told him i was take it off of him right away for $900 canadian, and he said nah, i then told him i would still buy it if we worked out a deal, and he just kept responding to my questions with "$1200 us including shipping and handling, full price, no deals"...
$900 CAD is only about $825 USD, so I can't really blame him for swatting your price, but to not try and work something out is stupid on his part.

TheMagicEight said:
false alarm, turns out the guy is a huge prick. he swatted away the only offer he's had... i told him i was take it off of him right away for $900 canadian, and he said nah, i then told him i would still buy it if we worked out a deal, and he just kept responding to my questions with "$1200 us including shipping and handling, full price, no deals"...
$900 CAD is only about $825 USD, so I can't really blame him for swatting your price, but to not try and work something out is stupid on his part.

well i've seen them go for $800 us, and i was told that's the price i should seek. plus, $1100 canadian is about $1011 us, so it's not like i would be ripping him too bad. i told him to take out the tubes anyways, and i would be paying the very large shipping fee, so it's not like he would be losing any money on it in the end.

Man you are trying to get one of those amps for very cheap, and even if you did find one that cheap, it wouldnt be in great condition.

These amps go all day long for a grand. Period. Unless you know someone or something like that (my buddy sold his 96 Recto to another buddy for $500!!!)

Consider this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Dual-Recifier-Tremoverb-amp-head-w-footswitch_W0QQitemZ250483899449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5200fc39&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm not affiliated with the guy, but I own the exact same head - best Recto-tone ever plus you get reverb and tremolo, which can be useful to get a good (and different) clean tone.

Jake

fluff191 said:
Man you are trying to get one of those amps for very cheap, and even if you did find one that cheap, it wouldnt be in great condition.

These amps go all day long for a grand. Period. Unless you know someone or something like that (my buddy sold his 96 Recto to another buddy for $500!!!)

okay, well i've posted questions on numerous threads, including ultimate guitar, harmony central and this one, and i was told to look for an $800 usd. i'm just trying to get it cheap because i really don't have the money at the moment. i guess i'm just going to have to wait.

fluff191 said:

okay, well i've posted questions on numerous threads, including ultimate guitar, harmony central and this one, and i was told to look for an $800 usd. i'm just trying to get it cheap because i really don't have the money at the moment. i guess i'm just going to have to wait.

The only thing you're going to touch for $800 USD is some beat to **** POS. I don't care what the other forums have told you. You're not going to touch a decent shape DR for less than $1K. Get used to that fact. Repeat it until it sinks in.

mikey383 said:
fluff191 said:

The only thing you're going to touch for $800 USD is some beat to sh!t POS. I don't care what the other forums have told you. You're not going to touch a decent shape DR for less than $1K. Get used to that fact. Repeat it until it sinks in.

You don't have to get bitchy, I'm just looking for help. I'm not exactly the smartest person when it comes to guitars and amps prices, if I was, I wouldn't have asked this question. Up until now, I've only bought new, and when numerous people tell me to look for one around $800, i'm going to listen because it's the cheapest deal. I originally guessed I had to pay at least $1200 csd, but I was told otherwise. This was told to me on this very thread.

Silverwulf wrote:
You could score one for $800 if you keep your eyes open. Pointy knobs were late 90's only, around '97 - '98. You could always track down some for a Recto if you want.

Dude, you're the one coming in here thinking someone is a huge prick because he won't take your lowball offer on his amp. You were told by one person on this thread you could find one for less than $800. Everyone else is telling you they go for $1K or more.

Every Recto I've seen go for $800 or less has been some beat to **** thing.

I'm sure I could find one for $300 if I wait to find a seller that is drunk too.

mikey383 said:
Dude, you're the one coming in here thinking someone is a huge prick because he won't take your lowball offer on his amp. You were told by one person on this thread you could find one for less than $800. Everyone else is telling you they go for $1K or more.

Every Recto I've seen go for $800 or less has been some beat to sh!t thing.

I'm sure I could find one for $300 if I wait to find a seller that is drunk too.

i know that now, i didn't before. i think he was a prick for not trying to work something out, not because he wouldn't take $800 for it, i openly offered him $1100, and he still disagreed. i have no idea what's a good deal, if more than 5 people tell me i can get one for $800, then i'm going to look for one at $800. i wasn't just told on this thread, i had numerous people agree on harmony central AND ultimate guitar, i just wanted reassurance here, and when silverwulf told me i could get one for $800 on the mesa/boogie forum made specifically for this kind of stuff, i began to think i could get one for that price so stop being bitchy. i'll start saving and look for one at $1000 or more. cased closed, thanks for your opinion.

I tried to sell my Tremoverb combo for $800 locally, didn't want to ship that beast, and really got no interest! If you don't mind going the combo route then you might be able to find one. I see them on craigslist every now and then for $8-900.

Latest posts

Back