Does anybody have MkIII R2 sounclips??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMello

Reaction score
Hey guys

The R2 channel on my MkIII head sounds so weak that I am starting to think it is broken, but I don't have any other MKIIIs around here to compare.
What I am getting right now is a low-gain muffled sound with flubby bass, it's unusable.

I bought this amp used for a bargain price ($300!!) so I don't know if there are issues with it. Everything sounds and work fine but I am having trouble believe that this is how R2 is supposed to sound like. I already tried to replace V1 and V2 but nothing changed.

I really like the tone am getting on R1 and Lead so I could just keep using it, but if I can get a decent rhythm tone out of R2 that would be perfect.

If anybody has any sound clips with mid to high gain setting on R2, please post it so I can have a reference (and please post your settings as well).

Thanks

Bill

My band mate said that my R2 channel sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-XVONVX7k&mode=related&search=

Not the solo of course. I always play R2 channel with my 12-string neck. I didn't tell my band mate that I have tried to imitate the Jimmy Page sound :wink:

Latest posts

Back