Does any European here have a Mesa Mark IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi !

I´m in Norway. I have one in the SN 12800 area. It is a Hardwood with simul class and EQ. No reverb. Right now it is loaded with a JBL K-120.

I also have two MK2c´s. One fully loaded hardwood SN 11400 area, and a 60/100 reverb top in black tolex in the SN 12200 area.

Stian

I have none, and I'm not interested in getting one. My mark 4 has everything I want and need.

I have one ( as far as I know the only one in belgium ). Its a IIC+ combo with ev speaker in the 13000 range. I love this amp!!!! I believe there are many IIC+ 's in holland, I got mine there cheap and I see them online now and then. I have seen 3 IIC+ for low prices in holland the last year

there are 5 IIC+'s in Holland(Netherlands for you american nitwits ;) ) as far as I know. I know 2 in belgium(kirk and another dude), but i'm not sure about that.

There would be more of them in Europe if I could help it...

I've got the correct schematics, just need to find someone to help me to work out the PCB board so that we can make an exact copy. Got almost all the specs, I know where to get the parts from, and I'm determined to 'clone' them, with some improvements.

The improvements I'll make are to separate the channel controls completely, to get 2 or 3 completely independant channels.

All I need is an actual IIC+ to look at for a couple of days to get the PCB copied and the Simul OT reverse engineered...

@ aart: are you sure about the 5 in holland? Itw ill be more I think because I come across IIC+'s quite often in holland. The other dude in belgium who has
a IIC+ do you know him personally? I thought I was the only one.... I must say that the IIC+ hype is not as big here, the prices are well within reason. I bought mine for 1200 euro or so and thats not very much

jvk said:

I've got the correct schematics, just need to find someone to help me to work out the PCB board so that we can make an exact copy. Got almost all the specs, I know where to get the parts from, and I'm determined to 'clone' them, with some improvements.

The improvements I'll make are to separate the channel controls completely, to get 2 or 3 completely independant channels.

All I need is an actual IIC+ to look at for a couple of days to get the PCB copied and the Simul OT reverse engineered...

Nice. Get someone here to help you out. :lol:

jvk said:

How do you plan on obtaining the OT that was used in the IIC amps that is no longer available?

The OT can be constructed easily if you have the specs.

The OTs in IIC+ models (SC-152019, SC-152019B) as well as the mkIII (562003) and the mkIV-A (562003) and the mkIV-B (562004R-1, some early ones had 562003) are all identical in terms of electrical parameters like turns and wire size and all have pretty much the same ratings.

They've only been updated and Mesa has switched companies a few times, after all it has been manufacturing for over 20 years and the materials and manufacturing techniques get changed/improved.

I'm 200% sure I'll build an exact copy of the IIC+. I just need your help, that's all.

The originals are still amazing and will never lose their legendary status, but they don't run on magic, it's all caps, wires, resistors and iron, and some ingenius design.

Edit: I can have a better OT made, which is 85W @ 40Hz. I think the Mesa one is rated 85W @ 20Hz, so the custom one will be 15-20% larger. More iron = more clean headroom and power.

kirk19 said:
@ aart: are you sure about the 5 in holland? Itw ill be more I think because I come across IIC+'s quite often in holland. The other dude in belgium who has
a IIC+ do you know him personally? I thought I was the only one.... I must say that the IIC+ hype is not as big here, the prices are well within reason. I bought mine for 1200 euro or so and thats not very much

Yeah, there's this one '*****' in Holland that was on the dutch craigslist(marktplaats) a few times. Then you have this simul, eq, reverb, hardwood short head here in 's Heerenberg, wich is about 1 mile from here.

And I saw 3 others coming by in the past years on marktplaats.nl.

The other one in belgium: Don't know the guy, but I saw some dude post it on HC or hugeracksinc or so.(short head, 60 w, no eq i believe).

I'm staying at Mark IV's, I like the sound and tried the Simul head here in Holland, and I don't feel it offers more than the IV offers me now.

But if I run into one for a reasonable price, I will probably buy it.

I've just bought one from the UK. Its supposed to get shipped tomorrow or the day after that.

I have an itching feeling I'll get ripped off though, but if everything goes alright and the gods smile on me this week there will be one more of these babies gigging around Scandinavia soon..

1 mkiic+ hardwood cabinet, short head, simul, reverb, 100w 105 PT

1 mkiic+ long head simul reverb 100w 105 PT

1 mkiic+ coliseum series 300 reverb

My Italian arsenal

I got a Quad pre amp here in Denmark. It does the job but if the money for a MK2C+ 100 watt head with eq turns up it will be an amp to get.

I haven't seen any in Denmark in either heads or combos.

Friedmett said:
I got a Quad pre amp here in Denmark. It does the job but if the money for a MK2C+ 100 watt head with eq turns up it will be an amp to get.

I haven't seen any in Denmark in either heads or combos.
you should find out if Metallica accidentally left one there back in '86 :wink:

Latest posts

Back