Does a Roadster sound good through EVM/ Thieles? *YES*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess I'm going to find out as I sold my Triaxis and G-Force last night and now I need a new amp.

Nobody used a recto-style amp through Thieles or EVs before?

Well, I'll tell you how it sounds...

It sounds great!

The tight, focused sound of the Thiele really pounds on channels 3 & 4 once you turn the volume up enough for the cab to do its' thing. I've read lots of threads about tightening up the Recto's sound... buddy, this does it (Warning, not as impressive looking as two 4x12s).

Clear, defined notes on ch1, and since, from what I've read, that the Brit channel is not so "Brit", now my speaker isn't either and that just frees me up from trying to dial in that perfect Plexi and lets me concentrate just creating something cool.

I'm really loving this and I'm only a couple of hours into it

I use 2 C90 Thiele's with my Mark4, and I've always preferred this combination to a v30 loaded 4x12. The sound is much more focused and Thiele's have the tightest bass of any cab/speaker combination out there as far as I can tell.
That said, my short head is just as wide as a Thiele, so it looks great on top. Your recto should look somewhat funny, being a lot wider.

I have a RK II Combo; intially I was going to order a matching 2x12 recto cab, for my crunch and leads.......

I was also going to sell my EV loaded thiele cab after I purchased the RK....

....that would have been a big mistake, because on a whim I decided to use the thiele with the cab switching feature of the King, and let me tell you, tight focused leads, and combined with the combo speaker, the results are amazing.

Pinweaver said:
That said, my short head is just as wide as a Thiele, so it looks great on top. Your recto should look somewhat funny, being a lot wider.

:D Except I put the Thieles side by side, angle them in a little bit to disperse the sound, and put the head on top. Neat little package.

love the thieles. I just wish they made em in a 4x12, hello? mr. genzler.......

GintownSound said:
:D Except I put the Thieles side by side, angle them in a little bit to disperse the sound, and put the head on top. Neat little package.
Ah cool, would love to see that as well, and most of all, hear it. I've never heard anything but a Mark series and an F30 through a Thiele.

andershoeg said:
And that sounded......good, right!?
It sounded much better than the F30 combo by itself.
I've always found that combo to sound pretty thin, and a Thiele adds so much body to the sound it's almost like a different amp.

great :) Got the f30 combo myself, and i also have a 2x12" mesa 3/4-back cab. It definitely sounds better with that cab, but would love a "mini-stack" consisting of the combo and a thiele :D

Latest posts

Back