Documenting my rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan-x said:
I used a flooring glue for linolium I think. It drys fairly clear and tacky so it can be reapplied to reactivate the glue. Basically the same stuff that can be used for tolex.
Leather corners here. About half way down the page, no pic, just a yellow star that says "new".
http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech9.html

yeah, i think vibroworld has been closed for years now. any other place to find the leather corners?
..i guess i could try and cut some if i found the right leather for the job..

So everything was about to work out perfectly the other day until I installed the piping. The grill frame simply would not fit back in the cabinet with the extra width of the piping. I tried hammering it back in and it started to fracture and warp the grill cloth. :evil:

IMG_2380.jpg

I then had to remove all the staples that held the piping to the frame, remove the staples that held the cloth to the frame, peel the cloth carefully off of the frame, repair the fractured frame with glue and clamps, shave a 1/4 inch off all four sides with a table saw, and reinstall everything AGAIN..exhausting.

Wiring up my new commonwealth (g12h30 on right)

IMG_2382.jpg

After I went through the hell of resizing the frame:

IMG_2385.jpg

and the final product..of course I don't have the leather corners yet, but still rewarding for the work I put in.

IMG_2386.jpg

Latest posts

Back