Do your C-90s fart out sometimes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
When I get into high volume with or with out gain, some of the low notes fart out. Anyone Experience this :?: Maybe I'll change speakers on my 2x12 LSC. :?

It's a celestion speaker made for mesa's LSC and some other mesa amps exclusively for mesa. Also known as the Black Shadow speaker

I see
I had 1X12 mesa cabnet with black shadow speaker.
I really didn't like this cab.
Maybe it's not made to hi gain or modern gain stuff I don't know.
Maybe it is good for some blues pop rock stuff.
With my triaxis and 2.90 it sounded thin, triaxis sounded weak like if my gain was always on 1.
After 2 months I sold it.
Now I got a marshall 1960 B.
Now my triaxis and 2.90 can show their strenght. :twisted:

I play a markIV through 2 thiele's loaded with C-90's. Best portable cabs I've ever played through, well for my kind of music anyway. Post rock ala Mogwai, Mono, Godspeed etc...
I've never experienced any farting as you call it. But I suppose it's a matter of guitar/pickup/amp/speaker combination.

I have C-90s in my Heartbreaker and they've always done a good job-I think your problem is elsewhere.

It only happens on very high volume. I use a keeley ds-1 and that usually will push it over. If I crank ch 2 up it will also fart. I'm talking master at 3:00 and ch vol. at 2:00. I play in 2 bands and the drummers are loud with oversized kits. Although the LSC is primarily a classic, vintage, mojo thing I kind of push the limits with my DS-1. So..... I was thinking ext. cab to take some of the load off. :)

I've used my Heartbreaker at 100w, very loud (master 5 gain 5 with boost) with a TS-9 and Boss HM and have never had that problem-the Black Shadows can handle alot of volume. Did you hook and ohmeter up to see if they are blown? Your problem is not at all common for those speakers.

If they were blown wouldnt I notice them not sounding right at moderate volumes, cause they don't fart out at lower vol? What am I checking with the ohmn meter, continuallity?

i blew three c90 speakers with the the mk4 just using the combo with no extra cabinet. the cones were tearing, i also done the same with 2 jensen speakers rated at 90 watts i think, they just started making a rattling noise
not saying thats the problem with yours but it might be worthwhile looking at the speakers and see if you can see any rips or tears.i ended up putting a ev and getting another cab and its been ok

Latest posts

Back