Do you need a tube amp if you don't play loudly???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize the guy in the ENGL clips was playing loudly. You can hear him hitting the strings in some of his other ENGL clips.... I guess I was too focused on his sound to notice. There was a lot of good information provided in the 3rd post in this thread, about using a lower wattage cab, and the ability to convert a higher wattage amp into a lower one using the THD YellowJackets. It does get kind of frustrating because there are so may options and I wish I had something now so I could use and enjoy it.

I'm with you on that! Get something the right size for those living room jams with your friend and that should fit nicely into your bedroom practice routine. I just saw a Nomad 45 for sale here on the board for $600 that was described as near mint. Something like that would set you up for just about anything. A good rule of thumb for a first amp is to get a little more muscle than you anticipate is adequate. That way you won't be disappointed when you get the urge to turn up a bit. By the way, Stevie Ray played really loud, too. :wink:

Latest posts

Back