Do they make amp cases that *aren't* ATA?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPIndustrie

Reaction score
Hey.

I'm looking for a hardcase to keep my Dual Recto head in, but the thing is I don't have much to spend. :)

I really need something more protective than the Mesa slip cover, but I don't necessarily need something that can survive in a plane's baggage hold, I probably wont be playing any national tours lol.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JPIndustrie said:
Hey.

I'm looking for a hardcase to keep my Dual Recto head in, but the thing is I don't have much to spend. :)

I really need something more protective than the Mesa slip cover, but I don't necessarily need something that can survive in a plane's baggage hold, I probably wont be playing any national tours lol.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

www.studioslips.com

rabies said:
Barry said:
JPIndustrie said:
Hey.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

www.studioslips.com

I checked their website. Run by Bendinelli's wife.

Do you own one of these? Not too cheap but better than a garbage bag when it's raining...
Wasnt sure how much money you wanted to spend . I would stay away from cases with surface mounted hardware though . I use unitec eilte series cases . www.unitecproducts.com

i've used barry and angstrom cases and they are both great, but somewhat pricey cases.

check out this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-DUAL-RECTIFIER-HEAD-FRONT-AND-BACK-LID-ATA-CASE_W0QQitemZ150094693331QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43374QQcmdZViewItem

i used to have a NY case company case for an old amp of mine and it was just fine. if you search their products they also have other cheaper mesa cases.

If you want cheap, build something from plywood or masonite and paint it. It may not hold up to shipping, but it will protect the amp during transport to local gigs.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Turmoil - I know a case like that would be the abosolute best, but that's actually what I don't want - as in its too much for my budget and what I need. But thanks though. :)

I don't really know what my budget is: maybe something around 50-75 the most.

The ebay specials for like $50 would probably work. I imagine they are extremely thin and fragile but it may help keeping your amp looking good in the long run.

Greg

Try and find something with 1/4" ply instead of the 3/8", it will be cheaper, lighter and easier to transport...I used to build road cases for a company in Virginia, and IMHO anything that is not through riveted is not worth the money - repairing them also sucks. if you can spend the cash, go with a 1/4" ATA...it is well worth it and will also resell better if you ever need to get rid of it.

You can also check out the TuffBox brand that is on eBay, they are pretty inexpensive, I just wouldn't expect them to survive an unsupervised trip down a ramp :shock: :x

Back