Distortion pedal recommendations???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clutch stop the insanity!!! I can duplicate that sound and even better on my rov no problem, no pedals necessarry dude just turn up the vol. or get a better pickup rectos got you covered!

konstantine3 said:
Have to agree with the above post

But a serious distortion pedal I own is a Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor. You could plug into a Pignose with that and sound like a million bux

+1 on that pedal.. plus as you should know Boogie makes a V-Twin that smokes.. I know.. I have one..!!!! a amp in a pedal.. ( if your amp goes down.. you can still play via PA )

Rex

has any one A/B

Lovepedal PP800
MI Audio Crunchbox
Fullltone OCD
Barber Direct Drive

I am leaning toward a Barber Direct Drive, but there are not alot of information on it, I wonder if it would be an overkill for the DR?

leblanc74 said:
has any one A/B

Lovepedal PP800
MI Audio Crunchbox
Fullltone OCD
Barber Direct Drive

I am leaning toward a Barber Direct Drive, but there are not alot of information on it, I wonder if it would be an overkill for the DR?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYi4sEVrD4

aberrant said:
leblanc74 said:
has any one A/B

Lovepedal PP800
MI Audio Crunchbox
Fullltone OCD
Barber Direct Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYi4sEVrD4

thank you, but that video is kind of compressed and my lousy computer speakers do not do justice... but again, thank you for the link....I already have the box of rock and OD808 and fuzz head.... I just wonder if any one of these pedals would be an overkill or an compliment?

I can't beieve I've raed hrough 4 pages of amswers and NOBODY has mentioned the good old Big Muff!!!!!

I run my little muff at about 25% on anything but the lead 2 of my Quad Pre, it's the bomb :0) it adds just the right amount of sustain to the clean and I love the way the harmonics break up with overdrive.

Try it, it ain't metal, but it definitely rocks :0P

and no I haven't been drinking, I was on the phone when i type'od the first couple of lines, lol!

I'm a fan of the EHX Metal Muff.

Although I'd play with the amp more before getting a distortion pedal because I'm sure you can get a great sound out of the amp itself. I have a distortion pedal, but only use it on my little Vox practice amp.

Hey Clutch, the search for ultimate tone is quite an endeavor. I purchased a Dual Rectifier two months ago after using a Carvin Legacy for the last 4 years (a great amp), and have no need for overdrive/distortion pedals anymore. Good luck on your search!

Does anyone run a compressor on the lead channel? If so which one and how tight does it make the sound?

Back