distortion pedal +clean channel recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use the recto's clean channel as a springboard for all sorts of different fuzz pedals.

Well i am getting a old ''boss heavy metal pedal'' and i think it will sound killer through the clean channel for a more marshall sounding gain .

I'm actually crazy enough to use a Boss SD-1 into the TS I use (for a boost on my gain channels) into the clean of my 3Ch Triple. It does a decent job of emulating a JCM800 with a SD-1 in front of it...

I just recently started running a Boss DS-1 Through my Single Recto Clean and I love it! I use that for rhythm and than have a Boss Blues Driver pedal that I hit for an extra push for leads...

RyanDM said:
I just recently started running a Boss DS-1 Through my Single Recto Clean and I love it! I use that for rhythm and than have a Boss Blues Driver pedal that I hit for an extra push for leads...
how do you set up you channel for the pedal gain?

ValveHeavyTone said:
RyanDM said:
how do you set up you channel for the pedal gain?

Clean Channel Settings
Channel Master: 12
Presence: 1
Bass: 2
Mid: 7
Treble: 2
Gain: 11

Output: 9

Boss DS-1
Tone: 8
Level: 1:30
Distortion: 2

I use a maxon OD820 pro I think it is called, on my roadster.
I tried tons o pedals and this one worked the best for me, I use it to turn the clean channels into a solid well defined overdrive (blues to rock to hard rock).
Also use it on ch3 raw for an intresting blend creating a heavier tone but seeming more articulate than the mesa by itself. Oddly, this makes it sound quite similar to my Soldano without the pedal.

Latest posts

Back