Discovered what I've had all this time and didn't realize it

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbola

Reaction score
A few days ago I found out the amp I bought sometime in the 90's is in fact a MK-IIC+. No wonder I love that amp SO much!!!! It came about by chance. I listed it to sell to maybe pickup a lighter combo (Marshall, Fender). One of the emails I got from a member from this board was nice enough to turn me on to this board and read the sticky up top regarding Vintage Amps. Sure enough I have one of those.

I have read through every post regarding this amp and thanks to all of you I decided to keep this amp FOREVER!!!!

thanks!
James (new member)

Hey Bobby, thanks for all the info on my amp man! This board is great! i got lots of information thanks to you. I owe you. I just sent out the amp to Mesa this afternoon. Man, $66 for shipping. Ouch! Anyway, I cant wait to get it back.

I will see if I can post pictures. I tried a few minutes ago but did not work for some reason.

For everyone who replied to this post looking for pics, let me tell you a little history with this amp. Sometime around 1996 I walked into a music store in Hamilton, NJ. I see this beatup cream boogie sitting on the floor collecting dust. I asked the guy if this thing even worked and he assured me it did. I plugged it in and sure enough beautiful sound! He said $300 and it's mine. I didn't know much about these amps other than my favorite guitarist "Carlos Santana" swears by it.

Some mods had been done before I got it. For some reason the reverb tank was gone and there was a 1/4" input jack in place of the reverb knob. i never even tried to plug anything in there. After I picked it up a few years later I couldn't stand the dirty cream color tolex so I stripped it and slapped on oak laminate with the wicker grille. It looks fantastic. I will upload pics when I figure out how.

It's also a 100watt Simul-Class s/n 13307. <--- have no idea what this does but it sounds great! It's on it's way to Mesa Boogie now to get the amp back to factory specification.

Thanks for the kind words and will post pics soon!

James

Figured it out! Here is a pic.

boogie1.jpg

Latest posts

Back