Disaster! Rivera chassis stuck half-way in headshell!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak47

Reaction score
I do not know what to say... I admit I had a quick laugh and I apologize for that because I imagine you are pulling the last strands of hair from your head right now... I feel for you!

I'm not sure if it will help but perhaps putting it in the sun or a warm enviroment might cause the metal to expand the shell a little and then later on by putting it into a big fridge and cooling it all down will make the metal chassis 'shrink' marginally giving some more room between the chassis and shell... then you can just 'pop' it out!

Just an idea...

Couldn't you try and manually saw one of the corners, then somehow yank one side of the cabinet off???

whats it stuck on? can you push it back in and lastly whats the weather like where you live? if its really humid i bet the wood expanded slightly especially since the tolex is removed. If it is indeed humid throw that sucker next to a dehumidifier for a few hours. That should suck out whatever water is causing expanding and then you should be able to pull it out. Now thats if its weather related.... it could just be stuck on something, especially if when you pulled it out you did it on a slight angle.

From the pics I can see the problem. You need a bigger hammer ;)

rabies said:
I removed all tubes and actually dropped it (on purpose) from a 2 ft ledge in my garage and it landed perfectly flat on the bottom to break the small inner wood blocks that support the chassis when you slide it in there. After that break, it slid out very easily. The outer shell remained undamaged (not counting the "digging" I did).

short story: all is good now, the amp works fine

that's awesome. have I ever told you you're my hero :D

Maybe the wood shrunk? This time of year it can happen, that sucks, hopefully you get it out!

Latest posts

Back