Direct Recording?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohaire

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or know anythign about the line6 toneport series?

I've been looking at this :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX2-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249701

Most of my song writing happens at night when i really can't plug in and I also don't really have $$ right now to set up a makeshift studio in my room to actually record my ideas with my amp. I just need something that i can get my ideas down with instead of just tabbing them in guitarpro.

Any insight or better suggestions for direct recording than the toneport?

thats quite fine to use. a lot of simulations and OK sound.

the small brother is sufficient. i own it too, use it just as I/O interface via usb to the pc.

you can go online and ask in their database for any sound they have stored. wanna play enter sandmann? one click and you have the sound.

of course there are many more choices ...

I picked this up and only used the built-in amp simulations and effects for a couple weeks. There are very few factory tones that did anything for me and I lost patience trying to tweak the settings to come up with anything decent.

I have since purchased a Mesa Rec Pre and a G Major and I use the Tone Port for a cab simulator/headphone amp/PC recording interface. Works like a charm what I use it for.

Latest posts

Back