Diode Jump Mod for the Electra Dyne?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisPrince

Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in a couple of threads. Could someone please send me the info? The Electra Dyne has been my favorite amp for many years now. I still use it daily, and it's the perfect amp for the classic rock cover band I play in. I bought it used about 10 or 12 years ago, and 90 watt mode has never worked right. I have changed power tubes a couple of times, tried EL34's, etc. There's a tube that glows funny and it blows the fuse. However 45 watt mode works just fine so that's what I have always used. I couldn't imagine a scenario where I need more volume or head room or low end from the Electra Dyne. This thing is a beast!
Anyways, maybe this mod will help address my issue. It's probably a simple fix, I've just never pulled the chassis to see what's going on.

I sent you a private message, it is related but not sure what the Diode jump is.

Tube glowing funny and blows the fuse? Do you mean it is red plating? Sounds like it could be a screen resistor or a bad grid stopper resistor if the bias goes wonky on the one of the class AB tubes, that will prevent the use of the 90W power mode. Perhaps what I sent you may be helpful in tracking down the issue.

Good luck with that.

Back