dimensions of vertical 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbycox

Reaction score
hi there-
do any of you know the width of a vertical 2x12 recto cabinet, and if a single rectifier solo head would fit on top of it?
thanks!

I'll do you one better!!

MESA-Stack.jpg

Yes it fits. It' overlaps a 1/2" on each side, but it rocks all the way!!!

Get 'em!!!

JA[/img]

awesome! thank you very much...i've wanted a rectifier head and cabinet for quite some time, but a 4x12 would just be prohibitively big for my purposes. how i just need that tax refund to show up and i'll be set :D

could someone please measure Vertical recto cab?
and the material used is plywood birch right?

A vertical I don't know, but I build a horizontal. See the "some homebuild pictures"topic. I think the sizes will be a mixture of the horizontal 2x12, 1x12 and the 4x12 recto slanted cabinets.
Width is something about the width of oversizing a 1x12 and looking at that picture above, I think about 65 cm (a top is about 68 cm), the height is the slanted height of a 4x12 and the depth is 36,20 cm. Standard depth of all recto cabs. The sizes can be found on mesa site.
I'm from europe so I think in the metric system, so 1 inch is 2.54 cm, but that is something you already know I guess.

The material, according to the 2004 catalogue is birch plywood from BB/B quality. Make sure you do get quality plywood! There are a lot of plywood where the outer layers are birch and everything in between is crap. I used the mentioned plywood with a thickness of 18mm. From the front size it looks like something of 3 cm plywood, but this is just an illusion, it is 18 mm plus a glueued slat of another 12mm. This technique is often used, just open a cab and you will discover the truth :)

i'm from europe too, so no problem there :p

isnt that a bit heavy ? 18mm+12mm ALL around or just in front?

yes it is really heavy. For a 2x12 horizontal mesa says it's 75lbs (=35kg approx.) I haven't weighted my own, but it feels quite right. I also believe that a vertical has even more weight becasue it dimensions are bigger.

I used 18mm + 12 mm slat only on the front. This has two reasons: first is the esthetic value, c'mon it looks more brutal with a thick edge =). The second is that I needed a slat on the front to lock the baffle. The back I have only 18mm. This is because to me there was no extra value if it was 18 or 30 mm.

Oh to be exactly: it is 18 mm plywood and a 12,5 mm slat.
Hopefully this was a help.

perhaps I should built another one and started working out, using them as lifters or something =) All muscled up, talking about some oversized appearence =)

As this cab appears to be the only one that doesn't have its dimensions listed on the boogie site, I emailed them and received these dimensions in response:
Height = 27 7/8
Width = 23 5/8
Depth = 14 1/4

Does the cabinet have recessed handles on the sides like a 4x12? I have only ever seen pictures of the front and I wonder how else something so heavy could be moved around. The handle on the horizontal 2x12 recto cab seems inadequate.

chennie said:
perhaps I should built another one and started working out, using them as lifters or something =) All muscled up, talking about some oversized appearence =)
:lol: nice one

toneseeker: thanks for the info :!:

Toneseeker, my Mesa vertical 2x12 has the same (or very simillar) handles as "the big one" (4x12).

Latest posts

Back