Dimarzio .vs Seymour Duncan?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris McKinley said:
Hey guys, I like the JB. It's one of my favorite Seymours, although I like the tone of the Custom Custom a little bit more. Certainly I like it better than the Dimarzio Evolution, and as I said, I'm more of a Dimarzio guy. It's just that with the youngin's these days, anything that isn't pushing 16 amps is underpowered for them.

Personally, I'd rather run a JB or a Pearly Gates into a clean boost and get both better tone and more power, but that's just me.

plus one.

I once put the evo neck and bridge in a jackson that I used to have and it sounded like crap. Had 'em in there for a week before giving up and replacing them. I was playing through a two channel recto at the time and the tone went dull and colourless on all settings.

ellem52 said:
:D BLANKET STATEMENT AHEAD :D

DiMarzio's are loud and brash

Seymour Duncan's are warm and creamy

Put Seymour's in your Les Paul/PRS guitars
Put DiMarzio's in your Ibanez/Pointy guitars

(It doesn't matter what you put in your Fender's :ducks:)

*in my best Darth Vader voice*

"You are wise not to lower your defenses!" :evil:

I'm just the opposite. SD in the bridge position totally sux. DiMarzio in the middle is smooth and creamy. Fender Noiseless in the neck slot is absolutely my fav!

I'm wondering what to put in place of the SD so I can break from SD forever! :D

Seymour's biggest problem these days is that he's too content to rest on his laurels and his marketing hasn't kept pace with modern trends as much as it needs to. His website is not as user-friendly as Larry's and it looks old and dull in comparison. Either Seymour needs to get with the program or hire somebody to bring his great company into the 21st.

Chris McKinley said:
Hey guys, I like the JB. It's one of my favorite Seymours, although I like the tone of the Custom Custom a little bit more. Certainly I like it better than the Dimarzio Evolution, and as I said, I'm more of a Dimarzio guy. It's just that with the youngin's these days, anything that isn't pushing 16 amps is underpowered for them.

Personally, I'd rather run a JB or a Pearly Gates into a clean boost and get both better tone and more power, but that's just me.

Pearly Gates / Custom Custom in the "Greentop" and Classic Stack / Screamin' Demon in the Jackson with an EMG "Afterburner" used like the clean boost that you mentioned. :D

I would call the Tone Zone the Mud Zone if I were working for Dimarzio (something I would never do by the way) and feel the JB is 100X the pickup the TZ is

I have a Tone Zone in the Bridge of one of my Ibanez guitars...Muddy it isn't....it is darker than many PUPs, but I dont have a problem with muddiness.

Laskyman

Rocky said:
I would call the Tone Zone the Mud Zone if I were working for Dimarzio (something I would never do by the way) and feel the JB is 100X the pickup the TZ is.

For Dimarzio i think that the Breed is a good one.

+1

Back