difference in the mark amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
Lately I have been interested in a Mark IIC+. I understand they are expensive and all, but I have heard about getting a Mark IIC or a Mark III modded to be just like it for a lot less money. My question is, will it be exactly like it, or will it be different, this question is for tone and also any different features that the 2 amps might have? I just want to know if there will be any difference at all? Now I dont really know anything about Mark amps, and I seen there is like a red and blue stripe, and another color. What are the differences between the color codes? What is the difference between a Mark II and a Mark III? What was changed in order to "upgrade" the Mark II? Thanks A TON!!!

Jeff Courtney

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

Should Answer all your questions and then some. This is a great site done by one of the forum members. (BoogiewonKenobi)
The Mark III's are about the cheapest right now. Ian's site goes into all the various stripes/options/etc. Not exactly a IIC+ but very very good (if you like Boogie tone) and the tone is certainly close enough for Goverment Work.

Enjoy your Boogie tone quest! :D

well there's a couple of pieces that evolved/changed during each transition from C to C+ to 3...however, what's important for you is that any 2C can be changed to be exactly like a C+. People like an original C+ however for the collector's value. The 3 on its own soudns close to a C+, but not 100% the same. It too can be modded to sound even closer to a C+, but it still won't be as good a mod as the 2c to C+ is (i could be wrong, ask others around here who've done it). A big part of the aura surrounding the C+'s is that metallica used 'em, they have different transformers, and many feel they sound best when they have any sort of graphic EQ involved.

Latest posts

Back