Did anyone else just buy a Mark IV on a whim?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking to buy a Recto originally, metallica hype blah blah. But then I heard Lamb of God, Petrucci and found the OLD Metallica albums used a Mark iic+ and Mark IV. Being in Australia NO ONE had one, So I took the plunge bought one second hand from Canada and WHAM! Best amp EVER period!
So I can safely say I'm VERY happy with this amp XD

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
phyrexia said:
Herbie if you ever come to the US you give me a call and come see me at work ;)
Why's that? :eek:

My band's playing in California nexy year, I guess that's pretty far from you.

Impulse buyers with large lines of credit = more comission for me ;)

I bought a Mark IV-A Rackmount on a whim. Haha it is an amazing amp!! I've been trying to dial in tones i hear on clips on the net for weeks!! someone help me!!

I bought a Mark IVB on a whim based on how much I liked the Triaxis preamp and because a local one was available for $1k in mint condition. If i didn't try the Triaxis preamp first I probably would have stayed away from the mark iv. Now I have 2 Mark IV's.

I won't say the Mark IV is the best but it always seems to work and I really like the small footprint of the short head.

I was really worried about R2 based off this site but it turns out to be a great channel.

Greg

I bought a Roadster after having played one at a store on Denmark Street. I was shopping for amps, had about £2k, walked in and said "I want a Mesa/Boogie" so the guy said "how much do you want to spend" "2k" "Walk this way sir..."

I must have played it for a good hour before i came out of my trance - 4 channels with seperate reverb and 3 modes, spongy/bold switch etc etc etc. I thought it was the greatest thing i had ever heard in my life.

Anyway 6 months later i sold it because there was absolutely no reason for me having it. I needed the money, i could never crank it and i just wasn't happy at all with the OD sounds i was getting.

Then i found the DC-5 on eBay for £500. I'd never heard one before so did some research and bought it. I rang a friend who practically peed himself in excitement and wanted to come round the moment i received it.

So anyway the day i got it i plugged it in, dialled in the factory settings and WOAH! This little things sounds a GAZILLION BILLION times better than my Roadster! I'm so happy with it! I do miss my Roadster at times and was upset to find it lurking on eBay after the guy who bought it from me decided to sell it, but i just can't get my head around how good the DC-5 is and for £500 it's nearly 4 times less than what i paid for the Roadster! In fact i've spent more on my pedals than i did on my amp :shock: and i'm so glad i bought it!

Man i love Boogies! Gasing for a Studio 22+ at the moment - we'll see!

Latest posts

Back