Diamond plate ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
I know how much everyone doesn't like it but if you could help me out I would really appreciate it. My diamond plate looks really dirty. I tried windex, and aluminum wheel polish, but it just smeared. If anyone knows a good way to shine her up like new it would be awesome.

A product you can find in some motorcycle shops...(if it's still made) called "Simichrome".

Or, specifically, get a chrome cleaner.

RB

Use Brasso. Its a metal cleaner for brass, chrome, etc. Its cheap as hell, and works better than anything else. I used it for the same purpose before, discovered it in the Marines.

Red Barchetta said:
A product you can find in some motorcycle shops...(if it's still made) called "Simichrome".

Or, specifically, get a chrome cleaner.

RB

Ive worked with restortation for YEARS with stuff much older and more delicate (and usually dirtier) than a recto plate...
and simicrome is by far THE BEST polishing compound out there.
Ive tried them all, they dont hold a candle to that stuff.
Its made in austria and rather pricey (compared to other polishes) but a little goes a long way, and its worth every penny.

It actually can be found sometimes in Orchard Hardware supply (at least in California)

You also have to keep in mind, you dont want to just put a polishing compound right on the face. You need to make sure its clear and clean of everything first. I also hate to say it, but in the case of the recto its going to be a lot easier to just take the plate off to clean it, at least to really do a good job of it.

I use Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. you can get it at any auto parts store for about $5. It did wonders for my Diamond plate. Just takes a while to rub completely off.

Back