Deuce pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seymourstiletto

Reaction score
The foot pedal on my stiletto deuce will not switch to solo but it will change channels.Is there an easy fix on something like that or should I send it back to mesa because it is still under warranty?

Make sure the cable connecting the footswitch to the amp is a stereo cable. If not, it won't do both functions. I found out the hard way!

More likely a cable issue than the pedal. Try another stereo cable, twist back the covers on the mesa one to insure that all connections are good.

Many posts have been made on this topic. Myself included.
The stock cable usually has been the culprit.
Give a different one a try I'll bet that will have you up and running.

bobo8251 said:
Whether you've envisioned your wedding dress for many years, changed your mind several times along the way, or are still unsure, selecting the perfect gown will probably seem a daunting task. To help demystify the process, Martha and weddings dresses editor Darcy Miller visit Michelle Roth Bridal Salon in New York City to compare four basic wedding dresses styles: the full-skirted wedding gown dress, popularized by Queen Victoria; the A-line, which takes the same style its name suggests, with a narrow bodice and a wide skirt; the princess, defined by clean lines and a widening skirt; the sheath, whose darts and seams create a simple, streamlined silhouette; and the Empire, a highwaisted style that dates to the early-nineteenth century.

huh? :?:

Is this a plague or something? Mine just went bad this weekend. I'm not using the factory cable, either. In all fairness, though, I think it has something to do with the jack in the amp iteslf. I noticed that if I 'jiggled' the cable plug on the amp side, it would switch between channels. Perhaps there's an inherent problem with the switch jacks in this amp? I'm going to drop mine off at the shop today and have them take a look, it's still under warranty and will give me an excuse to break out the ol' Recto that I haven't touched since buying my Stiletto.

My Stiletto pedal also failed......bad pushbutton on SOLO and then cable failure.
Mesa sent me a new button switch and I resoldered the wire in the cable connector. Fixed both myself to avoid tying up in the shop.
I suspect the quality of the pushbuttons has dropped in recent times to save $... :(

Yeah, I just dropped mine off at an authorized repair shop (the only one even close to me, I might add) and was told that it's going to be 25 days. 25. Twenty five. Good thing I have my trusty Rectoverb as a backup.

Yeah my cable went out too!
Maybe they should use a little quality control and invest in better ones.
Also why do they use a stereo cable and not a standard midi cable like all of their other amps?
Just curious.....

They don't use midi because there's only 2 latching signals needed for switching. I had the switching problem with my ACE but not with my Stage 1, it was the jack in the amp. Mine was an easy fix, just needed push the pin up a little for a snug fit.

Yeah that's true...i think if it had midi and had the ability to engage the fx loop from the pedal that would be way cooler. but I get by regardless so no biggy.

seymourstiletto said:
The foot pedal on my stiletto deuce will not switch to solo but it will change channels.Is there an easy fix on something like that or should I send it back to mesa because it is still under warranty?
It's easy to unscrew the cable plugs and check the connections. Mine failed at a gig while in progress, couldn't do anything but use distortion pedal to limp through. Sure enough wire was yanked loose, frustrating as hell. This may sound petty but is this a warranty issue?

Mesa covered mine no charge twice. The music store repaired it the first time and then replaced it the second time it failed.
The third time I got tired of the F#@%ing thing and threw it in the dumpster :evil: and bought a different one. Not from Mesa!!!
Happy ending! :D

Latest posts

Back