Demo'd the Electra dyne!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cragginshred

Reaction score
Just got in from GC and had good 1st impressions of the ED! Interestingly enough a 7 band eq does not work well with the ED's gain modes, however the clean with the eq (and my Strat) sounded better than the Lonestar I previously owned. A bb pre in front increased the sustain but even with higher gain setting was not as balls to the wall as I had expected. With my strats vol pot mod and a bit of roll off with the ED high gain mode I was in Andy Timmons zone, even more so than with my stiletto believe it or not. The Stiletto has that AT super 70's vibe and with the roll off very good, but the ED was Amazing going for the Resolution and Electric gypsy tones,... so, better than the stiletto for the med gain stuff with all the cool tonal nuances Mesa is known for! I may end up running the stiletto side by side with the ED with an a/b box to go from ED clean and med gain to all out melt your face shred with the stiletto!

And did you make sure the gain trim switch was set to off or clean and hi/lo?

The stilletto is definately a higher gain amp regardless, but the ED has more then enough gain on tap for what I like to do.

I did max the gain and dialed in the rear controls as suggested, however, due to being a) in the store and b) 2' from the amp I did not crank it beyond less than 2.... I am looking for an ED head and with either my 2X12 cabs or 4x12 and ample volume/space to stretch it's legs I'm sure I will have a different opinion. In this limited situation the gain sounded best to me at closer to 9, then rolling back the vol knob to 7 some sweet tones were happening!

i run my ed head through a 4X12 with V30's. when this amp is cranked to gigging levels it gets so saturated with gain. it covered my needs for gain just as well as (if not better) than my roadster and mark V. and i play alot of heavy gain music

Latest posts

Back