deleted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey that's a great story. I can't drive by a garage sale without quickly scanning the items for any guitar in the hopes that it will be a valuable vintage one. I am still waiting though ...

souelle said:
Yes, that's really a steal... I have seen once what I call a real steal. It was written in "La Presse", a serious montreal newspaper. I guy was looking for a 1959 reissue Les Paul and he was not able to afford it, but he was always looking the classified section in case he found a deal. Last year, his wife told him that she saw a Les Paul for sale on a classified tv channel, on cable TV. The guy was asking 2500$, He have call him right away because his wife had recognize the old brown lifton case that is usually coming with a reissue and that is very different from the USA gibson case.

He met the guy 45 minute later, and he had a shock... That guitar is a 1959 Les Paul like he is dreaming, but one little difference, it's not a reissue, but a real vintage 59 Les Paul... He offered 2000$ for the guitar and bought it for that price... The same days, he have show the guitar to Pierre Laporte, the best guitar maker in Montreal. The guitar was really a 59 100% original. His first idea was to keep the guitar, but Pierre told him that if he sell it, he will be able not only to buy a brand new 59 reissue, but that he will also be able to clear the payments on his house !!!

The week later, he have sell the guitar for over 200 000$. When the first owner saw an article on the newspaper of a guy who have sold a guitar for 200 000$ he have immediately recognize the guy and his old guitar. He have try to sue him for fraud, but it didn't work, the judge told him that the buyer never forced him to accept 2000$, and that he was actually asking 2500$ at first, and even if the other guy had sold it for 200 000$ the week after, the 2000$ he got for the guitar was a good price since the price he asked for the guitar was 2500$...

That is what I call a steal !!!
Tabarn... quelle histoire, incroyable.

darkirish said:
souelle said:
Yes, that's really a steal... I have seen once what I call a real steal. It was written in "La Presse", a serious montreal newspaper. I guy was looking for a 1959 reissue Les Paul and he was not able to afford it, but he was always looking the classified section in case he found a deal. Last year, his wife told him that she saw a Les Paul for sale on a classified tv channel, on cable TV. The guy was asking 2500$, He have call him right away because his wife had recognize the old brown lifton case that is usually coming with a reissue and that is very different from the USA gibson case.

He met the guy 45 minute later, and he had a shock... That guitar is a 1959 Les Paul like he is dreaming, but one little difference, it's not a reissue, but a real vintage 59 Les Paul... He offered 2000$ for the guitar and bought it for that price... The same days, he have show the guitar to Pierre Laporte, the best guitar maker in Montreal. The guitar was really a 59 100% original. His first idea was to keep the guitar, but Pierre told him that if he sell it, he will be able not only to buy a brand new 59 reissue, but that he will also be able to clear the payments on his house !!!

The week later, he have sell the guitar for over 200 000$. When the first owner saw an article on the newspaper of a guy who have sold a guitar for 200 000$ he have immediately recognize the guy and his old guitar. He have try to sue him for fraud, but it didn't work, the judge told him that the buyer never forced him to accept 2000$, and that he was actually asking 2500$ at first, and even if the other guy had sold it for 200 000$ the week after, the 2000$ he got for the guitar was a good price since the price he asked for the guitar was 2500$...

Oh no, you have gone French !!! :D

Boogiebabies said:
darkirish said:
souelle said:

Oh no, you have gone French !!! :D
:) yeah here in Montréal it 50/50 for both language (I think).

Back