Delay pedal recommendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregN

Reaction score
For a DC-3. Looking for a nice (under $300) delay to run in the loop. Footprint matters so larger units like the Line6 DL4 are out. Any other good ones you folks could recommend?
Thanks,
Greg

I use a Guayatone MD3 Micro delay in my series loop on my Road King. The pedal is VERY small, and does not color my sound at all, on or off. The delayed sound in completely unchanged from the dry sound. What I put into it is what comes out of it. I replaced an Alesis rack unit with this tiny pedal, and have not looked back. The delays are pretty long...up to 2.5 seconds if I remember right. At least 2, at any rate.

The MD-3 has been called "the best digital delay" by Guitar, Guitar Player, and Guitar World magazines.

They usually go on ebay for less than 75 bucks. A new one I think is only about 100 bucks.

RB

I use a reissue Ibanez AD9 Analog delay pedal in the effects loop of my Mark III combo and love it. Its a nice warm analog delay sound. I bought mine new thru Musicians Friend.

I personally prefer the Deluxe Memory Man for it's tone, but if footprint is an issue, I'd go with the AD9 as well. You could try
analogman.com he mods the DD6 with a high and low cut so you can get it to sound less "digital". It really makes it sound great....But, instead of modding mine, I got the EHX.I don't use alot of effects so the larger size isn't an issue....
ax. 8)
PS, if the analogman DD6 mod appeals to you, I have an un-modded one that has hardly been used,in original box/plastic bag/paperwork, and live close to analog mike. I could bring it to him and have him mod it, and then ship it to you. $125 for my un-modded pedal, then you'll need to pay Mike for whatever the mod is plus I think $10 shipping? Let me know... :wink:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input.
I already have a Guyatone MD2. I guess it's okay. I'd like something a bit warmer though and a bit more versatile.
I think the AD9 only has about 300ms of delay, no? I'd like something that could at least get me up around 400ms or 500ms. I'm not a LONG delay type but I like more than 300.
I've always wanted a Memory Man but you're right, it's just too big. Also I appreciate the offer on the DD-6 but I'm going to weigh my options before I decide what I want to do. I'm looking at the DLS Echotap which is pricey and slight bigger than what I'd like to go with but it has some features that I like.
This all started because I blew my Korg Toneworks delay using it in the loop of my DC-3. While not the greatest delay unit, I liked that I could make it darker sounding and it had two presets. I think I just drove it too hard w/ the effects loop mix control. Stupid on my part. I should've kept that way down and adjust the mix on the pedal itself. I've just never had a seperate volume knob on a loop before. Crap! Hopefully I won't blow the Guyatone so I can buy myself some time before ponying up the cash for a nicer unit. Really don't want to go back to hauling around rack delays. Ugh!
Anyway, thanks again guys!
Greg

I use the Line 6 Echo Park delay. EXTREMELY versatile. It has Tape, Digital, and Analog settings. The tape and analog settings are nice and warm sounding. I think it was around $150 new and well worth it.

Latest posts

Back