Delay in footpedal channel switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerboy7816

Reaction score
I'm having a really really notable channel switching delay between clean and distorted channel. It's probaly due to the fact that I'm using a Rectoverb foot switch for my Rectfier 50 (came like this when bought used). Will getting the actual rectifer 50 foot switch fix this? or could this be something that's wrong with the amp itself? I don't want to spend money to buy a recto 50 foot switch if it doesn't fix the problem. Has anyone tried a rectoverb foot switch with the recto 50 and have similar delays? Please help!!! Thanks!

my rectoverb switches instantly like all my marshall amps do.

my stiletto ace has such a long delay that it is unplayable in a live channel switching situation. mesa told me this was normal :(

my stiletto deuce stage has only a slight delay when switching.

otter

Thanks for the replies guys!

Mine is actually not only a delay.. it has a minor delay, then comes on, then goes off, then comes on. It all happens in about 1.5 second, but very very unusable for live =/.

1.5 seconds? on/off/on?! That doesn't sound normal actually. Mine switches over in about half a second or so with no flicker or anything.

Series 2 has a silent switch which causes a delay. I think the 1 had a pop?

I had a 2 and it drove me nuts cause switching would always make my first power chord silent if I didn't switch on the upbeat.

She was sold to a more conventional player that didn't mind the flaw.

Great sounding amp, but not fast enough on the 0 to 60 for me.

hmm.. it must just be the wrong foot switch I have then. I'll try to hunt for a spare recto 50 foot pedal then. Thanks for all the inputs guys!

Back