Delay and Chorus pedals for my Mark V head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatever...tomorrow i'll try the following combinations:

MXR carbon copy + MXR Micro Chorus

EHX Memory Boy + EHX Small clone chorus

TC Electronic Nova Repeater + Tc electronic corona chorus (or even the other ones...i choosed the corona just to remain in tc electronic effects)

I think that the third choice is the best one...isn't it?

metalmaster21 said:
whatever...tomorrow i'll try the following combinations:

MXR carbon copy + MXR Micro Chorus

EHX Memory Boy + EHX Small clone chorus

TC Electronic Nova Repeater + Tc electronic corona chorus (or even the other ones...i choosed the corona just to remain in tc electronic effects)

I think that the third choice is the best one...isn't it?

Good luck with it. The things we go through for tone.

metalmaster21 said:
ifailedshapes said:
In response to everybody saying you can't use instrument level pedals in a line level loop, here's your solution: Ebtech Line Level Shifter

This little box converts from -10dB to +4dB or vice versa, plus it has TRS jacks that allow you to run a balanced signal path to/from your pedalboard.

i don't know...i think it is absurd the fact i have to buy such a tool after i bought a 2500 € amplifier!

tomorrow i'll go buy the pedals. I think i'll get a tc nova repeater and a tc corona chorus or a small clone

Anyways, with the boss dd3 and ch1 i could play quite fine lowering the send level knob all down (i lost a lot of volume)...so, i mean, i can also put the send level a little down, but not too much as i had to with the two boss...that send knob must have an aim, afterall!

You are implying that it is the amp's fault because stomp boxes don't play well with line-level signals. Mesa states very clearly in their manuals that their effects loop is designed for high-quality effects, i.e. not $100 pedals. However, lots of "cheap" pedals have a great tone that we as guitarists love, so why not spend $70 on a device that will allow you to use pedals without overloading their instrument-level circuitry?

I love TC effects, so I think the Repeater will be a great tool. I love the delays in my Nova System.

Metalman:

I'd highly recommend the TC Repeater. Plus, the TC Corona is gonna be a real nice compliment with that. With the Mark V, it's gonna be complete lush sounding and you'll be in heaven.

Get it over with already and stop bullshitting around! :lol:

~Nep~~

Hi guys! i've finally bought the pedals: nova repeater and corona chorus...they are perfect, i have no more troubles now!

now i can tell that Tc electronic is always the best choice :D thank u all!

metalmaster21 said:
Hi guys! i've finally bought the pedals: nova repeater and corona chorus...they are perfect, i have no more troubles now!

now i can tell that Tc electronic is always the best choice :D thank u all!

Thanks, man...glad to hear you took our advice! :lol:

Knew you'd love the TC gear man. You totally can't go wrong with anything that company puts out. Have fun with it and enjoy!

~Nep~

Here's my little pedalboard :D now i just need a compressor (i think i'll buy a mxr dynacomp) and it will be complete
hope u like it!

ps. i have the corona chorus in front of the amp, it sounds better to me and it is awesome also in dirty channels!

2u4il8o.jpg

metalmaster21 said:
Here's my little pedalboard :D now i just need a compressor (i think i'll buy a mxr dynacomp) and it will be complete
hope u like it!

ps. i have the corona chorus in front of the amp, it sounds better to me and it is awesome also in dirty channels!

2u4il8o.jpg

If you want a compressor, you can't get better than this.

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-boxes-effects-and-dis/effects/red-box-compressor

I bought one for 120 bucks and its awesome. Whirlwind was started by the guy who designed the original script logo dyna comp. Which is what this pedal is exactly. He sold MXR back in the late 70's and moved on to other things. He recently introduced these pedals and they're awesome. Best compressor I've ever heard for the money.

Read up on them very impressive.

Vogelsong said:
metalmaster21 said:
hope u like it!

2u4il8o.jpg

If you want a compressor, you can't get better than this.

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-boxes-effects-and-dis/effects/red-box-compressor

I bought one for 120 bucks and its awesome. Whirlwind was started by the guy who designed the original script logo dyna comp. Which is what this pedal is exactly. He sold MXR back in the late 70's and moved on to other things. He recently introduced these pedals and they're awesome. Best compressor I've ever heard for the money.

Read up on them very impressive.

Ok, i'll try to buy one, thanks!

Metalman---Pedals are looking good my friend! Now, let's hear how they sound. :wink:

~Nep~

I have a mark V and the carbon copy. And i have to say the MXR carbon copy Is the best delay pedal Ever made end of story. The things it does with the mark V are magic. Also that has true bypass with no power loss no tone change or signal noise once so ever. You turn the pedal off you get just the straight mark V sound.

Yep, the MXR Carbon Copy is very sweet. I've played one of those, an RE-101 and a Moog Analog Delay and it held its own against those heavyweights. For the price, it's great analog delay. Although I'd love to try and old Echorec and go all Gilmour on the MkV.

Cheers

Talking about delays, what do you guys think about the Flashback? i need a delay for the fx loop in the amp, just for soloing, im already using in front the DD3, DD20, DL4, and the Headrush 2, now i know the nova woul be a good option but what about the Flashback, any inputs?

Dre.

The Flashback is a cool pedal, but if you just need a basic delay, maybe consider an analog pedal. The MXR Carbon Copy and EHX Memory Boy are cool options, and both are cheaper than the TC. If you like TC, though, take a look at the Nova Repeater. I'm seriously considering that pedal after I sell my Nova System.

I use a Nova Repeater with both my Marks and I have to say, it's definitely one of the best delay pedals I've ever owned; and I've owned more then I could remember. Always been a big TC fan as well.

If you have a lot of money, grab yourself an Eventide Timefactor for delays and a Retro-Sonic Chorus for chorus...

i use a memory boy for short delays and a nova repeater for long delays. i don't know but i think i like the memory boy a little better. i didn't like the carbon copy.
:cry:

Whatever you do, don't purchase a EH Memory Toy. I have one..and the name is quite fitting , a Toy. It worked for a few days, then the Blend control acted as a Volume...with the Delay and Feedback having little to no effect at all. EH NYC wanted me to send them a payment to fix the thing...wtf. That's quite absurd. That right there tells me I should stick to my TC gear.

WHEW!!!! that was a trip....If your pedal says guitar in / amp out....run it in front. The only thing that should go through the FX loop is a good quality FX unit.. with EQ and level controls. otherwise tone sucking will be the rule. Also A/B your FX loop with the switch to Make sure you have NO gain increase or loss and no TONE change. I know these are general statements but they work. the FX level in the back of the amp should not go down..real loss of power and tone. If anything just a little bump does it justice. I use a RP 100 and get great results. (The RP 150 Does not work with the V not enough output, which causes distortion.) I use several patches with Delay (differant times) a LITTLE comp. Roll off the bass a tiny bit to make it transparant and use the noisegate. I run the volume on the 100 at 50% and it works great....It's all about control....

Back