Deal or No Deal 2Ch DR Pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullVolume

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a 2ch DR and a 2x12 Recto cabinet. I have not seen it but I have talked to the guy. He bought it around 10 years ago(he thinks) in hopes of being a rock star. He never played guitar before so the dream ened quickly! He says both pieces are dead mint and only used a few times. The firm price he wants is $1750 Canadian (~$1600US).
So my question is......Is this a good deal?

Sounds a little steep to me but there again you are in Canada. I bought my head and Traditional cab for $1500 in near mint but with a fresh set of JJ preamp tubes and NOS Phillips 7581 power tubes. If it was 10 years ago then it is probably a Rev. G.

Yeah- I think he is asking too much. I don't think it is uncommon to see a DR go on ebay for 900-1k. Or to see 2x12 recto cab go for 350-450 on ebay. Even if you paid the upper range on both you'd be paying $1450. Just my 2cents!

I agree with the rest to an extent BUT considering you're going to pay a little more for shipping if you buy another rig coming from the US, it sounds like a decent deal.....haggle with him. If he won't budge, pass on the deal. $1500. (USD) sounds a little closer to a decent deal.

Well, considering $1450 US is around $1600CDN + shipping + duties, I think it would be cheaper to just buy locally. Duties are where you get killed on amps. A friend on this board payed over $100 in duties on a IIc+ recently. I am in Ontario, and the going price for a Dual Rec is around $1450 CDN, so I think $1750 for head and cab is pretty reasonable. Just my .02 though.

As a former Canadian now in the US, I can say that this formula works the other way around for high-end gear. There's a limited market up there, and if you don't buy the rig there can't be many others locally that would be able or willing to buy it.

I vote to press for fair value in the US market ($1400-$1500). You avoid duties and shipping, but the seller also avoids heavy ebay fees and having to ship as well.

This needs to be seen as a win-win, and at that price it's only the seller who is winning.

i'd do it, it is a bit steep, as i paid 1100 canadian for my 2chan dual rec,

but yeah, i'd do it.

Here it is! 12:30am too late to try it.....have to wait until morning!

DSC00150.jpg
[/img]

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

congrats man! I hope that you will enjoy it. it is a very very very good amp and that cab is enough. killer tone and high volume

Back